THE DARKEST DAY*

LUSCIOUS' POV

My eyes snapped open ,and fluttered twice, the joy and excitement the nature of time made short lived bolted back to me , the night my little one became mine , a night that has immortality, never to be forgotten .. with my beloved , my very own better half, Messilinah .. ..

In excitement , my eyes darted to behold her, when my smile suddenly faded after what I saw, she was sweating profusely and radiating with glowing veins from her cheeks down to the rest of her body ..

"PEARL ! PEARL !"I yelled out and rushed to hold her up but got electrocuted when my hand touched her skin , she slowly opened her eyes which had turned crimson from her sclera through her iris and against her pupils , ..

"Pearl!" I whispered and knelt beside her side of the bed .. with confusion and no knowledge about the happenings .. I could only watch ,

what is going on?, "it hurts !" she whispered when I felt the warm liquid streaming down my cheeks, she cried silently , .. " sorry !" , I uttered , utterly lost for ways to help her out !, " what is happening to you?" I asked , She shut her eyes and bit her lips in tears ...

I could tell she even had no idea about what was happening to her !, I wept for being incapable and useless to her in anyway...

We had a great night why this all of a sudden ?.
I covered her up anyhow I could and rushed out to call for help , I called Matrona and Thessa to the room with all my sweat and partly naked .. they came running to help ..

Thessa flipped the door open and entered, she froze in her spot when her gaze fell on Pearl's face , she capped her lips and took a step back whiles Matrona nearly touched her before,I yanked her away from doing so.

" Pearl !." Thessa found her voice whereas Matrona sobbed..

Pearl drew the duvet to cover her face whiles I took the ladies out .!

Whiles staring through the window, I noticed the mysterious blazing clouds engulfing the sky again .. " look !" Thessa pointed out !.. " yeah ..now I get it !" I finally said .

" It's all coming together now !.. I remember Jemilla saying something about a part of Zherra merged with Pearl's soul !, I know where to look for help now !" I firmly spoke , unfortunately it has to come to that..

" Are you going to see her huh?" Matrona probed .. "yes Mat !, I have to ..!" I began,

"otherwise we might lose her !, She doesn't even know what's happening to her I can't watch her suffer even for the next minute, I've got to do this now before it becomes too late !" I stated..

" I'll come with you !, You shouldn't go alone !" Thessa enunciated .. I had to accept anyways..

" Alright! .. we leave in fifteen .. Mat can you stay with her for me please!, " I put forward .." you need not ask , just go do what you gotta do !" .. she accepted ..

" And .. please make sure not to tell her about this !, It's all for her own good okay !, " I cautioned and proceeded to get ready ..

" Call me if anything comes up !, Anything at all !" .. I stepped out in my chainmail , Thessa was in her armor too and we proceeded out ..

We have to be strategic and meticulous so as to keep our tracks hidden.. she had said to find her on the Ashan boarder..

We took the next ship towards Burmenek and took a different route from what we arrived with .. With my heart caught in my throat , I was on a cliff hang, praying nothing happens to my beloved before help arrives..

Towards the grass land that stood before us miles away from the bank of the river, I saw a figure, clothed in black like that, in a twinkling of an eye we were both catapulted into the forest with a sound of passing wind someone appeared in front of us ..

"Jemilla!, .. come with us , otherwise Pearl will die!, something unimaginable is happening to her!" I hurried with my words as she stood in her spot , psychologically reading her reaction, she seemed to know what was happening, and again ,seemed to have no way out ..

For the very first time I saw a tear in her eyes as she turned away from us .. "It's too late !, It's all my fault, I only wanted to cheat him ,just once , just this once so that, at least I could have my blood established back here .. It's all my fault !" she wept whereas we stood clueless to what that was about,

"what are you saying?, what have you done to her, and why do you say it's too late?" , I yelled out in distress when without a warning, there came a loud thunder and lightening

the sky slowly took on a dark burning coloured clouds , creating a stormy weather , Jemilla fell on her knees like a pile of nothing, her eyes lit up crimson red as we struggled to see through the stormy wind .. "NO OH!" she yelled out , which gave me no hope at all ,half in hopeless sorrow ,

And half in fear of the unknown happening now , just watching my only hope of saving my beloved wallow in hopelessness, "Pearl has been taking away by Devan!, I followed to stop them but could only get here, if I head any further from this ground I'm gonna turn into ashes .. I'm in my last moments, so my remains are glued to the boundary, it's just a matter of time then I depart " she further explained the situation to us..

what my marrying Pearl has caused because of a souls tie between her and Nathan, and now the signs in the sky served as a signal to my brother's sorcerers .. this all boils down to my actions , I'm responsible for her demise, if I hadn't acted to my own benefit, Pearl would have still been alive and well ..

she would still be the legendary empress of Geater, putting great plans in place for humanity , my little one has lost herself in my very own hands, and there's no way of bringing her back ..

Now I know the king wasn't wrong about me, I'm only but a sand , I get weaned by the slightest blow of the wind , incapable of protecting of the one I claim to love, there's nothing at all that I can hold to my chest that I did for her ..

Falling on my knees, I couldn't help but to let my heart go I wept to this truth, ..Thessa held unto me as she wept along, my Pearl ," my little one , I did it!, I killed her, I'm a traitor , , it was all my fault ,if I hadn't been selfish earlier, she would have still been alive and well ! .. I'm sorry Pearl ,I'm sorry .." .. that's how my journey to find a savior ended in mourning .. amidst all these my heart still tells me it's not over yet , that she hasn't taken her last breath.