TO LOVE AND TO HEAL*

NATHAN'S POV

Having mixed feelings already, I failed to subjugate my feelings, I motioned back to her and began feeling my senses opening up, I could smell her scent, her peppermint and strawberry scent sullied the guard of my urge so close to hypnotism, I noticed her brows closing in as if she was having a bad dream, is that why she called my name?.

"let me..., let me help you, Pearl!" my fangs elongated swiftly, feeling itchy to sink into her neck, I nearly did before a knock came on the door, it was Lloyd, I felt too far gone to yield to that interruption, I believe he sensed something because he budged into the room forcefully.

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" he yelled before noticing my brazing eyes, and pushing a force down his arms, he rushed on to me, "no! Control yourself, your highness! What are you thinking", he teleported to my end, landed a punch on my face, and sped away with me to the hall.

"I just want to help her, seems she's having a bad dream?" he raised a brow to my face as if I'm being ridiculous. I stood mortified "she seemed frightened by something" I failed to justify my actions, " really? a bad dream? dude, she's a human, that's like so normal! And what harm could that cause her? Gary is waiting on you, you know him already!"

Taking in a deep breath, I sighed silently, now processing what I nearly did, the thought of leaving her side fueled that too. I watched as he chuckled while looking at her from the entrance, that's not allowed! " you want to die huh?" I enunciated, " you.. are something else!" he referred to her and turned so we could leave.

On our way out, Sandra came by looking a little disturbed, I could tell she was struggling to hide the signs as best as she could. She called forth Lloyd and they took a moment talking but I walked away to attend to Gary, he might walk away if I delay, he's as willful as Pearl.

I gave him the instructions, the caution, and his boundary, " let me repeat it, if even a strand of hair falls from her head, I'm going to make sure your entire generation falls in extinction I promise you this Gary, I'll make sure to keep my word.!" he laughed out loud to my seriousness, I walked away when I noticed he wasn't about to stop anytime soon.

Lloyd had the horses ready, with a few knight as we departed towards the west. I should get this over and done with as soon as possible, aside from myself, I don't trust anyone else taking care of my little human. "hah! " I ordered the horse as the rest chased after me.

Every distance we covered told me how far away I am drawing from her, we have approximately eight hours more to the battlefield.

SANDRA'S POV

The full moon is tomorrow, Pearl is human, and since she has Nathan's seal active now more than ever, she's going to experience the pain to a degree Nathan would, he couldn't have thought of this.

Since the seal will be active they cannot be that far apart, and the worst part is, Ariana is coming back tomorrow, that brat is so unpredictable. Who knows what will happen when she stands face to face with her?

I have to think of something, as soon as possible!.. why would he place Garry in charge of her though! that man is too old soul ... I walked into the king's chamber to be around until she wakes when I met Matrona abstractly studying the servants as they also go about murmuring and gossiping about the two humans,

I felt she would need protection too, Nathan must extend his protection to her too, because now, they are like the perfect edibles historically classified as the best meal ever for a vampire.

to taste human blood is like a pathway to nirvana! "a life well lived passes at old age through dissipation, martyrdom, or war, it will be a shame to die through the king's hand as his offender, does any of you want to experience that anytime soon huh?" I sounded authoritative when they gave me a bow and walked away!

" be careful around them little girl!" I voiced whiles ordering my steps towards her, she panicked, " trust no one at all .., these," my fangs elongated and she nearly tripped from fear, quite astonished when I held onto her," are faster than our brains function, making a mistake from this angle is quite cheap to us! " I pinched a smirk trying to hide them after noticing her racing heartbeat and the other going on in her veins, my fangs itched, tomorrow holds a threat I must say.

she took her arm back and took a step backward, "please take me to the empress!" she stuttered, I offered her water because once she resets her composure I will also be at rest.

" I would advise, you to stick by my side as you can't be at her end, Pearl is no longer easily accessible as she used to be if you must be around her, then it should come from the king, unfortunately, he's not going to be around for some days!". I explicated, when she furrowed a brow..

"and.. Will I be safe with you then?" she claimed despondently while hiding her eyes.. " mhm!, only I can guarantee your safety or.. I guess, pretty much!" I assured.

She took a while staring at my face before nodding twice, now settled somehow. " come with me then!" I put forth before Pearl came in view, she was dressed in a royal purple linen which complimented her skin tone.

Matrona nearly rushed to embrace her but halted after recollecting what I told her earlier, and shortly after that, Gary walked in looking pretty much unconcerned and just reading his book.

" Mat?" Pearl wondered why she stopped suddenly, she tried motioning towards us when Gary intercepted. " and who are you?" she questioned winning a smirk from me, this is going to be thrilling.

" any love for books?" Gary inquired getting me to raise a brow, a pretty good start coming from him, I must say !

" and I asked who are you?, one of his dogs huh? So heinous" she quoted disrespectfully when I went wide eyed, the fastest and easiest way to die, bravo Nathan!.

"helplessness! Used to be my favorite book after graduation! You can have it!" he replied, say what now? Is this really Gary? I stole his thoughts and this dude is so calm in there like a still water.. I watched Pearl hesitantly take the book out of his hand.. "after graduation huh? laminated? A hundred years now, I guess!" Pearl added before taking a seat, she realized there was a boundary none (Matrona and Pearl) could transcend.