AMIDST THE ENTOURAGE*

GENERAL POV

"I wish he knew her like I got to, Pearl was just a confused little human, who failed to tell her feelings apart , I tried most of the time to get her to profess it to me, but that girl has a great ego! she.. she loved Nathan, just that she had other worries, she only wanted him to love her for who she is, humans yield to time, and therefore responds physically to the seasons, they don't live forever young but the king wasn't looking at that, I tried to draw his attention to it but he didn't get me either!"

she continued to say, "I could tell, she was worried of how he will cope when she finally outgrows him? gets wrinkled and out of strength, or would he turn her just to suit his desires? what they both lacked was communication, and understanding, their egos overpowered them and now look at where it has gotten them, she didn't want to leave but.. " she sensed his presence and stopped talking.

He retreated through a different route towards his chambers and when he had entered, he flared up, " so you think she tricked you just to remain in the kingdom?" Lloyd inquired, " not only in the kingdom, Lloyd! she's in the palace somehow, and I'm worried what her fate will be when he finds her out!" her reply thrilled Lloyd who wouldn't stop admiring her courage.

during that night, Nathan sent a letter to all the province heads, declaring Ariana as the chosen queen of Valloany and that their union will be in three weeks' time, when Sandra got the news, he went for Pearl and took her to the palace's storeroom where she gave her the news of Ariana's success.

" I just thought you should know, Pearl! don't begin what you can't finish, to watch them ruin everything, or do something to salvage it all and live the moment as it comes, depends on your choice! I won't help you anymore, so don't seek for my help again, because very soon, I will hold my allegiance to someone else, the queen of Valloany! Goodbye, and good luck to you!"

she fell on her knees after her departure and wept while having the letter in her hands, she wondered whether he was doing that on impulse, anger or pain, she then decided to expose Ariana before the union.

A week came by and there had been no evidence, two weeks and she was appointed to escort the queen to be at all times and serve her, during the third week,  She escorted Ariana to  South Akilis one afternoon where she went to pay homage to Fabian.

They rejoiced for a smooth beginning, unfortunately for Pearl, the kind of sorcery enforced to protect the palace was too strong, she failed to gather any evidence until they returned to the kingdom, Ariana warned her to not utter a word to anyone about where they went to.

She set eyes on the king alone in his living room after Ariana had entered to take a shower, and gazed at him, feeling at lost and saddened by their current situation, she made a quick dart when he looked towards her.

" Have you had time to visit your father, Henry?"  Nathan inquired, " yes your majesty, he's well!" She began, " I sincerely wish you wouldn't marry her?" She blurted but Nathan took it as a joke and smirked.

" You have a better choice for me, I guess? " He asked when she shook her head, " your happiness matters, love conquers all, without that , I doubt you'll last, your majesty!" Her statement this time, got him staring at her for a while.

" Love is built in an empire Henry! Visit home after the ceremony!" He stated , but before he would walk out , Pearl bowed in front of him ," you hold the title, your highness, the queen's protection is in your hands, and I sincerely hope she brings back the missing light in your eyes, your majesty!"

He shot his eyes towards her, and saw droplets of tears leaking onto the ground, he assumed she was scared for her words! " You.. speak well, Henry, I admire your courage!" He reassured and walked away mulling over everything, while she gave in to her heartbreak and wept a while.

The night before the Union day, the king sped towards the boundary and stared into nothingness, he said no word, only reminiscing his promises which he made to Pearl, the times his heart fluttered to every moment she did something for him and the intimate moments that they shared.

He took in the scent in the atmosphere and exhaled it continuously, he did this throughout the night, till morning  came, and then he went back to the palace.

"I can't stand this anymore! But I've tried everything I could, yet I have nothing on her!" Pearl lamented to Gary and Matrona,

" then reveal your identity to them! Nathan is a son of his father, he will claim your life, when a royal develops a heart, it's only death  that can silence it again, but considering how he sacrificed  his life for yours, I'm confident, he  won't hurt you!" Gary revealed!.

" What .. what about you? If I do that, then you both won't be spared!" She worried but Mat and Gary convinced her otherwise, she left for the palace, ready to risk it all  to stop the union.

When she got to the palace, the ceremony had yet started, with all invited guests present and already seated, Gary's son saw her and was quite astonished, he called out to her but she heard not,

He suspected something, thinking he wasn't a spirit, neither was he Henry, she took a stand close to the queen's seat and waited, meanwhile, Nathan was excessively drinking blood in his room to harden his heart, because the memories of Pearl, during her rebirth and the promise she made to her kept swiping up on his mind.

Henry's brother found his way to the king's chambers, but was seized immediately by Lloyd who recognized him later on and ordered they let him go.

Nathan heard voices and listened, " I need to see the king, now! I heard my brother is the queen's guard?" He reported succeeding in confusing him.

" How come you just heard that? So what do you want from the king, your trespassing is a treason!" He cautioned, but the frustrated man relayed his message to him.

" That's not my brother, that's an imposter, Henry is dead !" His confession got them wide eyed, so was Nathan, Lloyd quickly recalled what Sandra had said about Pearl and wanted to drag him away, so that he could obtain the details and know what to do but, quite unfortunately, Nathan came out in his royal apparel, " what did you just say?" He asked when the man bowed to pay his respect, he repeated his statement and the details.

He stood enraged but curious to know who was bold enough to trick the royal household, " seize him, right now! .. And how could your father keep this from me!" .

He waited for them to bring him to the palace inner court, meant for his quiet time and periods with his wife.

Lloyd took a moment looking at her while she stood curious of what has happened, he held his hand and dragged her with him along with the other guards to the king, they wondered why he was being gentle with her.

She bowed to the king when she came in front of him, Lloyd and the others stepped back , while Nathan stared sternly at him , " where's your father, Henry?" He gently asked, " he will be here soon, your majesty!" She replied when he took a moment.

" I sent him an escort, what do you think? He will definitely be here , after all it's my big day!"  She stared wide eyed after his statement, Matrona is in the house, what if any of them sees her? That was her worry.

" Your majesty is too kind and gracious!" She said.  Nathan smirked with a scoff, " have I told you, you speak well? Your choice of words are remarkable!" He hailed her but she began questioning why she was brought before him.