THE PROPOSAL *

PEARL'S POV

"shush!, don't say a word !, let me hold unto you for a little longer!,", .. he voiced," pleas don't confront him about this, it was my decision not his !",I beseeched,

" mm!", and he hummed in reply .. " can I have the privilege to dine with you tonight huh?", he forwarded,

" you and I ? , alone?, " , I inquired with my temperature gradually turning up.. "mm!", he hummed again, " hasn't happened before right?", he probed, "yeah! now that I think about it, alright!, can you let go now ?,"I enunciated when he released me, wearing a heavy smile,

he fetched a dress for me ," I want to see you in this ?" he definitely stated, planted a kiss on my lips and walked out ..

LUSCIOUS' POV

Just few minutes more Lue , just a few, I'm only hoping I don't get turned down, because I just can't lose her .. darting my eyes to the front door , I noticed Joey on the porch seemingly lost in thought, I took a sigh before walking over to him, he responded to my steps , I uttered no word to him, and stared ahead with my hands in my pocket ..

"she didn't try to kill me that day ?!", he inquired more like affirming its truth to himself, still I made no movement in response ,neither did I say a word,

" was that why you could let go so easily huh?, .. I feel .. stupid, I kept open wounds which never existed in the first place and never thought of the one I afflicted to myself ,", he added when I kept a gaze on him,

" I'm sorry bro !,I always thought you've been kept under her spell , that's why you never opposed her , my dream was to do what you failed to carry out , but I never stopped for a moment to think about what you failed to actually do!," at this point I had to reassure him, the truth has finally come to him, we've lived our father's way far too long,

" we're exactly what history has written about us, we only lived and cared about ourselves, we never crossed that boundary to consider the ones we were stepping on ,I haven't been matured enough .. I'm sorry ,may be if I had once shared what I was growing inside of me ,I wouldn't have come to this point!" he wept..

"all that matters is that now you've known the truth for yourself ,you've realized your mistake and ,will live accordingly !, I'm not mad at you because I've been in your position before, let's not allow dad to live on in us alright , pull yourself together and be the man, I saw with the sword earlier , one of the few to fight her and win..

I'm impressed .. but I'll kill you the next time you try that again, it's a promise!" I aggressively pulled him in a hug as we laughed it off.

At least I can say two of us found a way out of our father's ways it's so sad that, Devan is drowned to the deepest depth of it ..

Minutes later, Joey helped me put on my royal blue tuxedo, with a pair of loafers little trims, to my hair line and beard ,just to present the best of me for that golden reward .. quite nervous and anxious in anticipation for her reply.

After receiving all the good lucks into my bosom, I took my place in wait for my beloved, however , I still struggled to tone down the level of my nervousness, I'm a rookie at this.

my breath ceased for a moment, when my eyes fell on the glory that was before me, beholding the lines that keeps her edges in curves, trailing down every little detail to the soles of her feet , and the royal blue off the shoulder v necked long dress , complementing her flawless skin, I fell short of words as I could only stare in awe , I could literally hear my heartbeat so loud and clear .. my eyeballs stood teary ..

" Is .. everything alright with you huh?" , that sly smile that came along with her voice , pulled the rug I was protecting my desire with .. .. " you look amazing, so gorgeous .. I.. I don't know the best word to describe what I'm seeing, but , I.. definitely have falling in love with you .. again! ", I fumbled my words .. ..

" thanks , I do take your complement !, now I know where you guys went for so long, quite spacious and neat", she gladly enunciated whiles I pulled a seat for her ..

I couldn't take off my eyes through out the time, I was too drown in her glory to the extent ,I couldn't feel embarrassed, that was all I wanted to do .. " I've always been in front of you Luscious, you're overly doing it, you selected my wear , remember? I wanna be comfortable in my seat !" she communicated with a smile ..

nonchalantly reaching into my pocket for the box , I subtly placed the ring in front of her, " will you marry me ?", it's too straight forward , but at this point , I believe my words are still struggling to fill up the gab they initially escaped from.. ..and the race on which my heart was ,only deserved a yes , as its reward, .. she stared at me for a while before picking up the box ..

" you can take your time , I'm on a cliff hang right now , but if, you'll need much time to consider it, then I can wait .. I've been longing for you for far too long, I can't keep suppressing it , whiles beholding you every day ..I love you Pearl , !" I poured my heart out to her, she hesitantly placed the box back on the table , " I read mom's letter earlier, do you have any idea what's written in there?", she probed out of the blue ..

it wasn't addressed to me ,so I couldn't open it. .. " no, is it something that I can be allowed into?" she smiled at my words, "Yes!, lets get married !, I'll marry you Lucious ?", wait?, what?! "did you just say yes?, you gave me a yes !" ..I probed .. .. overly excited, I carried her from her seat and deeply kissed her lips, placed the ring on her finger and went back to the kiss ,she reciprocated as much as I craved she did, and we took a moment just doing that ..

" When do you want us to have it ?", I panted and quickly returned back to it, reflecting back to the previous times we've been intimate, what if something happens to her again ?. ,I thought of breaking the sequence but a wave of her scent , aww!, so calming and fragrant, " tomorrow!", she whispered !,

" it doesn't have to be grand, we can't risk that , just us in the house !" I purred at her words, whiles unbuttoning my shirt at the same time ..getting lost in the moment , she broke the sequence and cuddled unto me as we both panted .. that caught me off guard, I felt the tease right then .. " I'm sorry !.. we can't go that far. !"