FOR HER SAKE*

PEARL'S POV

Watching him stare in silence for a while, I pulled out of his presence and walked out of his closet, he followed right after as I sat on his bed overwhelmed with tears.

He got hold of the jar of water and poured a half glass of it, he mixed two spoons of honey, and pierced his palm with his nail, watching that, sent a chill down my spine. Letting out a few drops, he stirred to mix.

I had my doubts but was hoping he wouldn't confirm them. They are both the same! " take this!" he held it out to me " drink this and rest a while! She gave me that information before I could command her to retrieve Zherra!" he began,

" I'm a king, I enforce rules and regulations, you should know better, Pearl?! Zherra is a property of this kingdom, under no circumstance was she supposed to be freed, her existence in your system was an error that could have claimed your life!" he continued whiles taking a seat beside me on the side of his bed.

I  lifted the duvet and tacked my legs under it so that I could lean against the bedpost,  I felt a burning sensation gradually building up inside of me before he shot his gaze towards me.

"I'm not sorry for getting you saved!...just know that I had no intention of hurting you,  or making you vulnerable. ... Rest a while!" he got up to walk away when I conferred him his place, "Luscious is the only man I love! you can never take his place in my heart, Nathan! you may use other means to take his place in my life but my heart, never dream about it, because it will forever remain impossible !" the surge reached its peak as I yelped to the pain.

he ordered his steps towards me and pulled me in a hug, unbuttoned his shirt and buried my face in his chest .. "shush! listen to me ! follow my voice and do accordingly okay! .. breath in! release! Come on, keep repeating it !" he gently kept stroking my hair whereas I couldn't have enough of his peppermint smell, recalling the pain Luscious used to go through whenever I offered him my blood,

  I squeezed my eyes to the thought when his voice called me out from the background, "as long as I have you safe and sound, here beside me, that's okay, I won't expect you to give me anybody's place in your heart ! to me, nobody ever had it in the first place, you're my beloved, my Pearl, I've waited too long for you and I can't let anyone have you ..you are mine and you'll realize that soon!" I fell unconscious in his bosom, missing a chance to voice my opinion.

NATHAN'S POV

Luscious! thought you were dead, but even in death, you still fight me, I can't let you win this time! she's mine and I'm going to make sure she realizes that too, it doesn't matter how long that's going to take!... I tacked her in bed and stayed by her side, being together won't just happen like magic but we'll try! I'll make sure this works.

I planted a kiss on her knuckles and went ahead to gently and quietly pat her hair. She slept, like a baby.

I heard a knock on my door, and could smell Lloyd " come in!"  I commanded, "what do you have for me!?" I inquired when he took a moment to acknowledge Pearl.

"has she been well?" he inquired, " yes thankfully! it must be urgent for you to be here?" I asked when he nodded twice so I ushered him to the hall.

"report from general Dubey,  they're advancing towards the border but still hoisting a white flag, he thinks they're underhanded and might switch up anytime from now. Yezskhetc is famed for such." he expounded when I buckled my arms behind me and paced.

"I strongly believe that too,!" I turned towards him as he stood ready to hear my decision, " I'll have to come and take care of it then,!" he nodded twice as I shot my eyes towards the door to my room, where Pearl lied unconscious.

"I believe she will be fine,  it's just a few days, probably not so long!" he reassured, "for that I know but,  my concern is her actions, who can deal with her?" I questioned with no answer in mind.

" Sandra has always been up to the task,  or I could stay back!" Lloyd suggested the least choice,

" no!  I don't plan on making that mistake, I can trust any task and anyone with Sandra or you but, not Pearl! She's too willful,  none of you can uphold a command over her actions, I just need someone who knows the weight of his or her choices and power!"  I started when Lloyd voiced the option  that had come to me.

"Gary!" he suggested, "Yeah,  Gary!" I confirmed and commanded he be summoned to the throne room while I prepare for the battle. Upon arriving in the room I noticed her turning in the bed, and my heart skipped a beat to the thought that she might be awake,  but listening to her heartbeat it was still calm and steady which told me she wasn't.

I proceeded to the closet and this time around, I placed my armor on by myself,  my beloved is with me now,  and I can't risk any hungry vampires coming around her, mistakes are hovering in the air and just anyone can claim one anyhow.

I smiled to my mirror at the glow emitting from my heart, the fact that she touched this armor earlier assures me I have her with me even out of here, I'll have to hurry with this and begin working my way to her heart.

Upon reaching the room after dressing up, my heart suddenly began racing in my chest with my being acting out to what my gaze fell on, her continuous turning in the bed, revealed her bear skin from her waist, down to her feet, its flawlessness and the curve stood out to my lustful heart, My irises switched golden, and with the hair on the back of my neck standing still and my fangs elongating, I slowly ordered my steps towards her as my eyes trailed, I held myself from taking in her scent, and stared at her nakedness with perversion.

With telekinesis, I pulled up the duvet and squeezed my eyes to ward off the urge, I'm not used to this, all my life I've never held myself back from having anything I've wanted,  absolutely no one has ever gotten me to hold myself back as she has.

She's my beloved, yet I can't make her mine without her consent, that's hard to deal with but, she's my little human, they have their principles and if I choose her then, I'll have to accept everything that comes with her package.

Acknowledging my feelings and slowly opening them to behold her calm face, I felt shy, noticing the hair strands slipping onto her face, I reached out my hand and tacked them away behind her ears.

"Why don't you feel the same way about me? are you just punishing me for being deviant and reckless all these years huh?" I got up to depart when her blurt froze me in my spot. " Na.. Nathan!" she whispered my name in her sleep, which altered my heartbeat, "Nathan!" she called out the second time.