TO SETTLE A SCORE*

LUSCIOUS' POV

It's been two days and so far Pearl is gradually becoming stable , however there's been an observation that I've made, she's having a hard time getting through to Joey, he's also somehow always trying to pair me up with Thessa , I plan to carry out my proposal tonight.

I should have a sit with Joey and find out what the problem could be,

" Thessa ,thank you, I heard you selected all the dresses for me, they're all pretty and they fit perfectly alright !" Pearl excitedly appreciated, " I'm not sure I'll get used to such pleasantries from you, I used to be around whenever your outfits were to be selected, so I got to know the sizes, and colours !"

she responded, seems Pearl is gradually crawling back .. " may be we should start trying to draw the line now, we can't transfer our worship to the dreadful monster to when it's almost as good as dead!" Joey remarked, " Joey!" .. I rushed over with response to that insolence..

" stop this now please let him be !, I'm not offended !, and may be he's got a point, look I'm not the empress anymore and , besides we moved here to start anew, so let's try to live as one family , respecting each other equally, I actually do look back a lot when you guys still treat me as when I was the empress" Pearl spilled, regardless of her statement Joey had a different reason for doing that and I need to get him settled.

She approached me and slowly dragged me away from him .. " don't do anything to him please, he's been through a lot himself, I'll make sure to settle things with him in my own way!, please don't interfere". she spoke to only my hearing as Joey got up and walked out ..

seeking help from Hollies Matrona and Thessa I managed to set up the basement for my proposal whiles Pearl was having a siesta.

PEARL'S POV

May be it wont be easy but somehow I've got to settle this with him.. " can we talk huh? , now that .. your brother isn't here?" I initiated when he chuckled sarcastically .." we're both same aged right?, I want a sword fight instead!, we're both humans now, and thankfully ,I never played with my sword trainings ." he communicated as I stood thinking about what he might have not heard ..

" dude, I'm not completely human still, I can feel pains now ,but that doesn't mean wounds stay on my skin for as long as yours will, my swift reflexes are but a little faster than a human's and dude... I'm still a sorceress!" I reported when he ordered his steps towards me and said, "can you promise yourself not to cheat with these tools you just listed ?, because ,it's only you who's afraid of that!", oh, really?, seriously huh?,

" fetch your sword!", he smirked and walked away .. we both met at the basket ball court and positioned ourselves to fight. "what grudge do you hold against me?, as far as I'm concerned, I owe you nothing!" I reached out ..

"(e)xcuse you?, you would have turned stone if you had remained that monster for a little more time, you took my dear ones away and you still feel you owe me nothing huh?, you nearly took my life too , you succeeded in weakening my brother to a pet, but you can't do that with me Pearl, if he was the brother I used to know, you would have been burned to ashes and discarded into the sea!, you found the right one to tame missy !"

he vented and rushed towards me ready to attack, "first mistake, rushing to attack with anger, boy you wanna die ? !", I blocked his sword and analysed the situation to him, ..

he took a hundred and eighty degrees sky turn and stroke again which I blocked up above my head, just as I thought his next strike was my left rib, when that wasn't successful, he swiftly turned his back against me, rolled a feet toward me and successfully launched a strike to my left waist side, I let out a soft groan to that .

he smiled seeing me that way ," your dad didn't think twice when he took the only two brothers I had, where's my mom now huh?, the only one that I thought I had left, you're very lucky to still have two left Joey don't play with your life for the sake of those dead and gone when you still have the one who has loved you since your birth up until now,.. ..

you should feel blessed to still be holding your life, you can't hate me, no you've got no right to do that , it's my family that was hurt not yours?, wanna strike again?, go ahead!, .. I'm not gonna stop you , but you've got no right, absolutely no right to hold me in account for your father's mistake .. ..

and I never intended to hurt you in anyway, you decided to be a hero, you got served what you bargained for, and you were lucky I saved you, you should be grateful, not vaguely holding a grudge against me!"

I hissed at him , now infuriated by his shallow reasoning, " Joey!'' , Luscious and the others approached, he went wide eyed when his gaze fell on the stained sword in Joey's hand, .. "what did you do Joey!", I rushed to stand in between them, as he scanned my body for the wound, ..

"I proposed we settle our issues ,this was the best way to do it Luscious, and I believe we've successfully ironed things out now,?" I gave Joey a corner stare, and smiled to Luscious who wasn't well satisfied yet ..

"where have you guys been, anyways?" without a warning, Luscious carried me on his arms .. ,"get inside and get yourself together?", he referred to Joey and took me inside as I kept staring at his face, I knew this isn't over he will certainly confront him behind my back.

I was looking forward to hearing his complaint but he was too silent and focused on treating my wound!, he unveiled my torso and noticed it gradually fading...

"I thought I was the only one thinking I've become vulnerable, you've been thinking that way too ?,I've made you too worried about me lately .. otherwise, you would have cared for your brother first !", he halted at my words and sighed ..

he managed to meet my eyes with his when I beamed a smile at him " don't worry, I did nothing to him, this settlement was all for his sanity so I didn't even wave one at him!".. I reassured when he gently pulled me in a hug .. ..

" I'm sorry !,",he whispered getting me to blush, I wrapped my arms around him too .. .. "it's fine!, where did you guys go actually ?, I woke up and no one was around !", I tried pulling out of his arms but he cuddled tightly unto me!. ..