PARADIGMS OF PAIN*

NATHAN'S POV

I don't need much to tell nothing is fine !, I can't have her being this way towards me, where's Sandra ? A knock came on my door , it was Sandra and Gary .. "come in !" I uttered , .." get to work  and.. be a lot careful , she's a human .." Sandra revealed when he took a moment to take that in .. 

"Was there any strange sign Nathan ?" Gary inquired when I reported everything that happened to him.

"She experienced a shock earlier, as for the blood regurgitation ,I believe there's an internal wound  which has a ninety percent chance of triggering the hallucinations.. "  he insinuated before examining her ..

 I approached Sandra to inquire about how she knew to come to my rescue," did you see something ?,  I was just about to come to you !" I probed and Sandra , pointed me to a seat in my own room and enunciated .. " her condition needs medical attention !, that's why I went for him, don't worry too much , she will be fine !" , I sure hope so .. 

"There's basically nothing to worry about!, " Gary began arranging his tools ! He's the oldest, competent and trusted doctor in the Kingdom. He's approximately seven hundred and ten years old and he's used to doing things his way ..

Everyone is stupid in his eyes and he's a man of few words .. but not when it comes to my Pearl!.. I used telekinesis to lock my door , he looked over at it and back at me .

I walked towards the bed and sat beside her, .." what is wrong with her ?" I asked when he stood staring at me..  "better get talking grandpa !" Sandra , his thorn in the flesh, according to him, teased..

"Shut up right there !" He cautioned " basically you planted a bomb in her system, it was just a matter of time Nathan .. !" He voiced getting me to flinch ..

" a part of her pulmonary circuit melted that's why she threw up blood, you can heal her on your own ..!" He packed his stuff and gave Sandra the sting eye , " are you going to open up now?!"  He commanded..

"Careful on the way grandpa, the wolves are still out there !" Sandra mocked and waved him bye ..

She directed her stare to me and being Judgmental .. " oh! got something to say too huh ?, I get it okay ! May be I .. I  should have given it much consideration !, " I uttered remorsefully ..

"Mmhmm !" She hummed ," glad you realized that , I have to go , take care !" She took a glance at her, pinched a smirk and walked out..

Wait !, She didn't tell me how she found out I needed help ?!.. looking over at Pearl, I squeezed my eyes shut thankful and remorseful at the same time .. I could have lost her in my attempt to preserve her for myself..

About thirty minutes later, I noticed her eyes fluttering gently , a bit nervous , I struggled for the right posture to have when she opens her eyes..

She finally opened her eyes, slowly darting around until her eyes fell on me , she took a moment before hurriedly lifting herself up and leaning against the bed post ..

She stared as if surprised to see me .. " how .. how are you feeling now huh?," I asked, probing to find a relieving result but, She kept staring with no response..
" There is the bathroom, I figured you might need a shower, everything is all .. already prepared, I'll leave you to it !"  I think I might still be in my feelings..

I left the room to the lounge.. do I scare her may be ?, She's not used to being around our presence it could be that's all there is .. I'm probably overthinking it..

I can't have her being hostile towards me!

PEARL'S POV

There's an intimidation his aura comes with , his glory undeniably gets me every time too , .. upon reaching his bathroom, I felt this relaxation on my nerves, the decoration unearthed the royalty , just like back at home..

I stepped in and immersed my body in it, the last thing I had from Luscious, his smell and sweat, will flow along with this milk , .. all I have left are memories now, I'm never going to see him again and that thought wrecks my heart , why ?..

I sobbed  as long as my heart wrecked , the weight on my heart was too heavy to contain, I let all out instead, through my tears and thoughts ..after a long while , the telephone in the washroom rang  so I reached for it .. " he -low ?" I said, " it's me, Pearl!, there's a  wardrobe coming through for you , they're in front of the room , I thought you might be done !" Nathan conveyed when I hummed to him .. 

I took a moment to get myself together before going for the door , .. I stood awestruck to the queue of rack trolleys with not less than ten dresses on each as I watched them enter and Sandra entered too  she led them to an automatic door I never realized was there before now, and when it finally opened , I stood wide eyed ..

I've lived extravagantly, been a royal, an empress at that ,had the most awesome stuffs but, never have I known , there can be such high standard to royalty, perhaps because the standard of glorious looks in this universe requires this level of maintenance and uniqueness..

these categorized accessories, royal garments , armors and the environ, like a whole shopping mall , is beyond comprehension .. "Pearl!" Matrona uttered to my surprise , when I pulled her in a tight hug ..

"I would never leave your side again!, no matter what happens or where you will find yourself .." , she reassured , "aw! thank you, for being here with me !" , after a while Sandra cleared her throat .. she sent the servants away .. 

"we can't have them here, it's the king's chambers, but we can make an exception for her , the king personally instructed I bring her along , but she can't cross this boundary to his room !" she delineated and begged to depart but, she took a pause when she got to the door ..

"Pearl!" She began, "when the king gets particular about a thing , then he really has a hold on it !".. she spoke to my understanding and walked away ..Mat helped me in choosing an outfit from the many different sizes , colors and fabrics we had there ..

taking a stroll in there with her afterwards, my gaze fell on his amor, the one he visited my world with , that was when he entered , Mat took a bow to show her respect to him ,whereas I only looked with the corners of my eyes furtively and proceeded ..

" excuse us !" my heart thumbed after he gave that command .. "yeah!, your majesty , excuse me !" she walked out  and I reached out my hand to touch the armor , upon hearing his footsteps approaching, I pretended to be engrossed in  the view, by tracing my fingers along its designs just to ward off my nervousness ..

" you seem better now !, I should have known you fancied my armor back then !", for some reason his voice felt enchanting .. " where .. did you keep his remains ?, .. I want to bury him myself !" I placed forth when he remained silent ..

" he lived his last day as a vampire, which means his remains need no burial!" he intoned, " that's not a decision you had to make , " I countered there and then , " well I'm the king here Pearl! ", he boldly enounced ," and I was his wife !", I raised my voice before turning to face him with tears welling my eyes ..

" you couldn't even give me the chance to say goodbye to him !,you know what he went through just for me huh? , He was all I had left but .." I spoke with my pain before his interception, " That bastard never cared about you ? Even when he was still Luscious! He betrayed you just so he can keep you in a position where you'll only look up to him Pearl!, He didn't deserve you in any way !" He spoke slightly in his feelings..

" You've got no right to condemn him and you know that, Nathan! .. what makes you deferent from him huh? Look me in the eyes and tell me you had no idea about what Jemilla planned to do to me ?" I sternly hissed at him, disgusted by his hypocrisy!