A LIE SO TRUE*

GENERAL POV

Oh you bet I do brother, and you all will have your share! And Nathan! You looked me in the eyes and raise a sword against me? After all you've placed me through, just for that inferior human? Ariana thought to herself .

she  raised her left arm and mumbled a short spell until a dark smoke stood on top of her fingers, her irises turned smokey and she blew it away. she took off her outfit and left to shop some more. 

early sunset, Pearl regained consciousness, darting her eyes towards the other end of the bed, she saw Nathan with his eyes shut as if lost in thoughts, " did you rest well , Pearl?" he inquired with his eyes still shut , wandering if the rebirth was over.

pearl wondered how he could tell she was awake without even looking, " how long have I been sleeping?" she asked, " unfortunately not so long, too bad I was having a good time with your heartbeat, so soothing and relaxing!" He replied before opening his eyes.

He arose and buckled his arms behind him, when she snapped after realizing what she was wearing, she shot her eyes towards him hoping for a better explanation from him.

" Too bad she left , I wish she could have stayed a little longer, I miss her already, little Pearl!" He jovially cried , getting Pearl curious to know what he already knew too.

" Oh how I wish I could bring her back , she was so lively and all over me just as I wanted her to be, she kissed me you know, not once, or twice !" He mocked.

" How.. are you narrating my dream?, This armor and that , means..!" She made her analysis, " yes Pearl , it was all real , every bit of it, including the promises we made to each other!" He smiled when she raised her brows,

" What are you talking about,?" She raised concern, " I never saw you in my dream, .. it was one little girl and a boy pretty much younger !" , She explicated .

Nathan listened attentively to  all she said and realized, the little Pearl was actually seeing the younger him, he watched her visualize the one she saw and realized he wasn't wrong after all.

Nathan sped for an old painting of his youthful days and showed it to her, she raised her brows in shock and stared at him. " Who was the young girl then, because in reality it was you and I !".

Pearl lied to him , that the girl she saw was not her, " she called herself Sofia!" Just to address Gary's son's issue,  " a commoner from Lotam  that you fell in love with and wanted to make your wife, do you remember her?" Her words got him angry as he stared at her with blood red eyes and clenched his jaws, he knew she was lying though.

" Who informed you about her existence, was it Gary huh?" He read the signs , " you killed an innocent promising child to protect her, just because you had the power to!" She continued when he scoffed with anger.

" Is that what he told you huh? That old scumbag, did he hide the truth from you out of shame huh? That his son tried to .!" He raged when she completed the sentence for him, " to rape your woman? No he didn't hide that from me because that wasn't the truth, you were so blinded by your feelings you failed to analyze the situation.!"  She complained.

" That boy only wanted to help you open those eyes earlier than you did Nathan, your woman and your cousin were caught having an affair, he only calculated wrongly, how to bring your attention to her real face, you did not kill just that boy Nathan, you're slowly killing his twin too!"

She cried out, " I wanted to talk about this last night but I slept off, it hurts to see him in his state Nathan!" He said no word and pulled her in an embrace, thinking her humanism was rising higher.

He got concerned thinking there could be some form of truth in her statement, " I .. I want to see that boy too , don't cry please, I'll make sure to set things right if what you said turns out to be the truth." He reassured before taking her with him to Gary's house.

On their arrival, Gary was leaning on the barricade with his son who was anticipating his brother's visit , Gary felt bad but waited patiently with him , until Nathan and Pearl arrived.

Gary suddenly grew cold upon his arrival , Nathan paused at the entrance shocked to see the spitting image of the boy he slaughtered fifteen years ago.

Gary welcomed them in, Pearl left their mist and went to their basement, she wore the suit and planned to spend time with him before they depart, but before then , Nathan had to listen to this young man ranting about his brother, he pitied him and thought he  couldn't live because of the trauma.

Pearl knocked and the boy rushed to open, he flipped with joy at the sight of his brother, Nathan rose to his feet in shock wandering how the boy was still alive .

Gary explained everything to him while he watched in awe as Pearl played the role perfectly. " I never planned to tell you this story Nathan, but your little human is extraordinary, she can rub off on anyone!" Nathan couldn't agree less to his observation.

Nathan truly felt bad that his actions affected that boy too.  After some hours , they went back to the palace, it was in their moment of total silence in the room that, Pearl decided to answer him truthfully.

" that little girl I saw, was me! As much as I tried to restrain her from going wild she still did everything I would never actually do with you and, and I nearly witnessed you do it again!" She enunciated.

"She deserved it , I warned her beforehand but she disobeyed it, !" He clarified when Pearl looked over at him , catching a glimpse of his concern.

He walked towards her and cautioned her, " we are vampires Pearl, we do nothing in the best interest of anyone else except ourselves, unlike you, we don't give a damn about the propensity our concern is securing what we want! Be careful around everyone else, because the moment they make any mistake , I'm not going to spare any of them, no I won't!"

" I'm not a kid Nathan, let me settle my issues the way I want to, she only wanted to prove herself but with the wrong person unintentionally, I want to give her that space !" She reached out for the sword she used on the battlefield, but Nathan held onto her while she was about stepping out.

" Don't get hurt!" she took her arm back and walked out, Nathan followed closely behind her as they headed towards the king's arena, he summoned Lloyd and asked him to fetch his sister , on reaching the compound he saw her with many shopping backs , he wandered who took her out, " a date? no ! I went shopping for myself " she answered after which he informed her of what's on the ground.

she grinned and sped to her room to dress up, " prepare to be humiliated little human, all who sing your praises will finally open their eyes to see how weak you are!"