FATED*

GENERAL POV

"I've been patient enough and compromised a lot trying to be more understanding to you but it appears you've taken that for granted, you ... Wouldn't want to get on my true side ,  I don't joke with my possessions especially those I choose by name, Pearl! And I don't care about the light in which you'll see me, because you will never be wrong with that conclusion!"  He sternly spoke.

He made way for his prowess to speak instead, a strong wind whirled about them  as his irises slowly turned crimson, the scene reminded her of their visit to the human world what happened when she disobeyed his command of not unveiling his face without permission.

She could barely keep her eyes open with her feet too heavy to lift as she staggered trying to back away from him, she panted in fear.
Lloyd came running and called out to him from the background.

Nathan kept approaching her while filling her up with fear, she struggled to keep up and fell , she yelped to the pain in her shoulder again and this time she held onto it so tight.

Ariana stood confused out of her hideout and beside her brother, she couldn't make out what their relationship could be. He took a squat in front of her, reached out his hand and felt her cheek, he reached out his other hand to the spot she was holding on to .

But before he could touch it , Sandra called out and used a spell to pull Pearl away from him, otherwise if he sees her wound in his state, he won't be able to control himself from draining her dry.

Her blood stained the t-shirt and some dripped onto the floor, its aroma went wide in there and they all covered their noses except Ariana, her fangs elongated, with her irises going crimson, she wanted to have a taste but Lloyd held her hand and sped out with her.

Pearl lost consciousness instantly and Nathan held on to her, he wiped the droplets with her armor and commanded Sandra sets it ablaze.

Carrying her inside , he dipped her in the bathe milk inside the bathtub, Lloyd tightly embraced his sister, bared his neck to her so she could bite him in order to calm her thirst which she did "be calm, Aria! inhale, exhale! Relax now!" He coached her until she came around.

Sandra entered the king's room with Matrona after carrying out the task with her help, " your highness! Allow her !" , She handed over to him a royal mask for his nose and she wore some too , they made way for Matrona to take care of her wound but it wasn't one she could deal with .

Sandra came up to examine the wound, she was quite astonished to the revelation, she's aware of how much Pearl detests Nathan so why would she go that far to save him. She didn't know how to disclose the reality to Nathan, she felt Pearl hid it from him on purpose .

She thought Pearl will keep pulling up surprises for a long time and that will explain how great she is all the time, she found a new respect for her and wished Nathan wouldn't give up so easily or sooner because the day he will let her go will be his greater loss.

She walked out to meet him. " What happened to her Sandra!" He inquired, "um !, I .. I don't know how it happened but I suspect your phoenix blood touched her shoulder by mistake, that explains why it couldn't heal even with cleric healing!" She shared the revelation in part.

"What? How is that possible? She only used it against the black magic only she could see? ..unless.. you saw it too ! I forbid you to hide anything from me Sandra! What did the both of you see!" He wished to know!, " Answer me Sandra!" Matrona panicked .

Sandra kowtowed in front of him while he fumed but Pearl came to her rescue, " while swinging your sword against the figure, the wind carried a few drops onto my shoulder, Nathan! no need to make a big deal out of this!" She clarified solidifying Sandra's thought about the situation.

"Pearl!" Nathan called and motioned towards her but she backed away, he went to the closet and got her the same dress he had picked for her and this time around, she wore it.

Matrona helped her dress up alright and her wound too, Nathan stormed out reached for the treaty and called Lloyd together with Dubey to come along, their destination was the Realm leaders imperial court.

" Wait  outside !" Sandra sent Matrona out , " I saw what you did , a phoenix blood can't kill a Bennu, they're basically one , unless one has a solid tie with mortal blood!, as much as that makes me happy, I'm also confused!" She made her claim getting Pearl to break eye contact.

" There's no special meaning to anything, I just repaid a long overdue favor!, He once gave me my life back remember!" She explained but Sandra felt she doesn't want to accept the reality,

" well you went too far for someone you'll choose death over living a week with , you're aware of the choice you made, you established a bond with his immortality Pearl , that's not a sacrifice we make for someone we owe a favor to! Come on!" Sandra's anger sounded justified to her," what were you expecting I do in that moment huh!" Pearl rose to her feet.

" If I hadn't done that he would have been no more and so would your kingdom Sandra!, you believe it was that easy to push myself that far !, Besides until I die , he doesn't plan to break his seal, which makes no difference if I bond with his until I die!" She clarified.

Sandra saw no hope of her developing feelings for Nathan,
" you know, I was hoping that for a moment you would say  something different about how you feel towards him, but it seems you're only trying to be human towards him, and nothing more , He really loves you Pearl, and he has really waited too long to be loved back!"

Sandra walked away when Pearl scoffed, thinking that was lies, and he only cares about himself, she began having a rethink on what she did before stepping out to join Matrona.

She felt disturbed about the crowd following her as servants and guards, she came across Ariana and wandered who she could be, Ariana approached them and beamed a wide smile at her,

" Mm this is how the human race look like huh! I'd say she is pure human,  you look more like us , come, walk with me !" She reached out to Pearl as Sandra stood afar observing everything.

" And you are?" Pearl inquired without moving an inch, "Ariana , you can call me Aria , oh you haven't heard about me yet huh?" She introduced herself," and why do I have to know you ?" Pearl retorted with a question.

Ariana stared her in the face and flashed crimson irises to her, " that's my seat little human, and Nathan.. he's mine !" She voiced and later laughed, Sandra nearly hopped over,

" just kidding little human, Lloyd is my brother and , I've been away schooling, I returned yesterday to a story I thought was a fairytale until I saw you  two!" She explained further but Pearl thought she's got ill intentions.