Chapter 5

Lisa's PoV

"Should I come with you?"Seulgi said while fixing her shoes.

I come with Seulgi here in the hospital today because I want to go see Mrs.Kim before she went to get her surgery.

"Why would you? You have work!" I said and playfully push her.

She laughed by the act and opened her bag then handed me a scrubs that made me confused.

"I know you're bored, join me crack someone's head open in like"She paused from talking and glance at her phone,"In like 20 minutes"She continued.

"You're crazy, you know I don't have privileges in this hospital."I said handing it back but she didn't accept it.

"The chief wants to see you. He's a fan of your work, I think he's gonna try to hire you because the head of the neuro department is gonna retire soon. They're starting to look someone who's better."

"He just described you, you should take it."I said and she scoffed by that.

"We all know who's better between us both at leading a department and besides this country is not my home anymore. I feel more peaceful in LA and my family is all there living their best lives."

"And you think I should take it?"I asked

"Of course not! Your VIP patient hardly made you agree coming here and I don't think you're gonna stay longer here considering... you know."She said that made me chuckle.

Am I not gonna stay long here? She's already at peace. That's probably a good reason why I shouldn't stay here.

"Alright, see you later."I said and tapped her back as I pass by her.

Mrs. Kim got transferred into a private room when I asked the information desk.

I started to tidy up my clothes as I ride the elevator. I want to make a good impression even though I already made some bad impressions to her, like me, leaving her daughter behind. 

I really think she would have thrown my ass the first time she met me there in front of her house after ten years if ever she have no idea that it was his husband that made me leave his daughter.

I would never leave Jennie, I swear, but it was his blackmail that made me do such horrible decision. My relationship with Jennie may have been fucked up but It is all worth it. She's successful and I heard that she's really a brilliant doctor. 

I sighed heavily when I am already in front of the door. I was about to knock but I got all held up when the door suddenly went open.

"What the- Yah!! I almost got a heart attack!" 

I feel like my jaw just fell to the floor right now.

"You lied to me Jisoo..."I said frustrated and threw glares at her.

She told me that she's Amsterdam but she's standing right in front of me right now.

"To my defense-"

"Unnie, close the door."A very familiar voice that I've known for years. Jisoo pushed me to the side with her and when she was about to close the door Jennie went out too and close the door herself.

"Good morning."I greeted to get her attention.

"Good mor-"She stopped midway from her sentence when she saw me. 

She must have thought that I am some nurse or a random doctor walking by the hallway that greeted her.

"What are you doing here?"She asked me now with furrowed brows.