Chapter 9

Lisa's PoV

"Bro, I am so hungry and I swear if you're not going to feed me anything I might as well die out of hunger!"Jackson said grabbing my arms to stopped me from walking away.

I sighed frustratedly and remove his hands off me.

"So what now? It's the same cycle Mr. Wang . If you eat now, you'd still have to do fasting for 24 hours again. It's been 18 hours, just wait-"

"I'm gonna die bro. Why are you being so cold toward a dying man? Have your heart gone cold now?" He cut me off with that.

"Will you stop calling me bro? I am wearing a doctor's coat right now, Mr.Wang, and that basically means I am your doctor right now, not your friend. I would really appreciate it if you'd start addressing me as a doctor." I said that made his jaw drop.

I am a professional and he's my patient. We should act accordingly.

"Fine then. I have to eat because I am starving Dr.Manoban, and I am well aware that I have the rights to tell my doctor if it could move my surgery schedule because I am very fucking nervous too." He said like a child throwing a tantrum.

"I'll let you do as you like then."I answered him and forced a smile.

I have encountered worst patient than him. I'll get through this. I left the room and I felt Mark's presence following me from behind.

"I am very sorry about that. Uhm... Should I really go and get him some food?"He asked when he reached my pace .

"If that is what he wants."

"But you are his doctor, of course I would follow your orders more than his. Who knows if that's the cancer talking in there?"He said that made me chuckle.

He has a point though.

"Let him do what he wants, he'll behave later on when his mom is here."I said and tapped his back before leaving him there.

I got greeted by some nurses and doctors while walking in the hallway so I had to reciprocate the action. I can see some of them are talking behind my back maybe it's because I am a foreigner? Or are they wondering how am I so fluent at speaking their language?

"Dr. Manoban!"I heard someone called me. My eyes traveled to the emergency department and it landed into a certain woman who are waving at me.

I waved back as I walk toward her. She's stitching up a patient right now who looks like who got cut by a broken glass. But before I reached where she is, my body turned to walk all the way to a the woman I was looking forward to see since I arrived.

"A nurse will get back to you in 10 minutes and guide you with the medications that I will prescribe. Please wait here..."I heard her say as she remove the gloves on her hands and out it straight to the bin.

I smiled when her eyes landed on mine. She stared at me for a moment before standing up from her chair to close the curtain to give her patient some privacy.

This is so funny. I am making a fool of myself, didn't I just decided to let go of her Yesterday?

"Good morning Dr. Kim."I greeted and step aside so she could pass.

This might be so weird but her scent as she was passing in front of me is making my knees weak. I used to smell her neck before placing a sweet kiss on it. It's addicting. It's one of my favorite kiss spot. It's just a pity that I can't do that anymore.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you after work? I have something to tell you."I said and she stopped from walking to face me.

"If it's not that important you can just tell me right now."She said that got me thinking for a moment.