Chapter 6

Lisa's PoV

"Two bottles of water please."I said to the middle aged woman who seems to be the owner of this small store beside the park.

I'm out with Jake today. We're doing some simple jogs and other exercises. We were supposedly gonna do this at night but I have other plans and he didn't want to reschedule it either because his test is coming next month and he's starting to get busy due to it.

As much as this kid loves sports and games, he will always put his academics in his top priority. His parents, and sister are all doctors. No one is pressuring him to be one but I think he's pressuring himself to be one.

"Where do you want to go after this? We still have much time."I asked.

"Why don't we go a little harder? Let's go to the gym? I know you know mix martial arts and I've been studying it too like what you recommended. I would like to spar with you."He asked confidently that made me smirked.

I know he attended taekwondo classes before mix martial arts but I like how confident he is considering he also knows that I studied muay thai before going to mix martial arts.

"Are you sure?"I asked him smirking.

"Yes. I know you won't hit me that hard since my dad will probably hate you if you give me some bruises, specially on my face."He said that made me laugh.

"I'm not sure that's how it works kid. You're supposedly have to be ruthless inside the ring."I told him but I don't think he's listening because he ran off outside the store.

"Yah! Wait for me!"I exclaimed and immediately paid the lady and get the two water bottles with me.

I went out and looked around to slot Jake and when I did I ran toward him.

"Jake, you can't just ran off like that! You're butler is not here with us today!"I said and kicked his but, trying to get his attention since he's kneeling, patting some dog.

"Hey, don't touch that dog it might bite you..." I stopped from talking when I saw the better view of the dog he's playing with.

"The dog likes you!"Jake exclaimed when the brown pomeranian dog went to me and started barking happily looking up to me as it licks my shoes.

I felt paralyzed for a moment, I couldn't move. I never thought I would see him again. I squat to get him and when I am now carrying him on my arms he started to lick my face and barks excitedly as I brushed its fur.

"Kuma... you're so big now..."I stated and it barked loudly making me chuckle.

"You know this dog? I just saw it running while we were in the store, that's why I suddenly run out because I wanted to chase it."Jake asked

I only nodded as I put the dog down on the floor and play with it. My heart is bursting with joy seeing this dog right now.

"Where are you going?"I asked the dog when he started running away from me only to stop from a person and barked to it.

"Kuma, you can't just ran away wherever you like, okay?"

"You're such a stubborn cute dog, Kuma!"

It's Jennie and Kai.

Jake whistled catching the dog's attention but it went to me instead and barked back and forth to me and Jennie.

I smiled kneeling to it and started to brush its fur with my fingers again.

"Kuma likes you Dr. Manoban!" Kai said with enthusiasm.

How can it not like me when it was me and Jennie who bought this dog as a gift for each other after our 1st year anniversary?