Chapter 21

A/N
Y'all better leave a comment or I won't update for a month 😌

Jennie's PoV

"Jennie, don't you have any work today? Are you still asleep?"I heard Jisoo spoke from outside my room.

I sighed.

Why is she here?

I have no interest on entertaining peaple right now. I am frustrated. Very frustrated. I feel disappointed. I feel sad. Mad. Angry. I don't even know now.

Lisa told me that she'll think about us starting all over again. Like what is there to even think about?

Did she stop loving me?

I heard the door opened and it revealed Jisoo with a ice coffee on her hand so I sat straight.

"You should be at work."She said and handed me the coffee.

"I don't feel like working."

"Oh please. Set aside your anger! Lisa's going to leave tomorrow, remember?" She said and took off the blanket from me.

I glared at her.

"She don't want me anymore."

"She said she'll think about you guys starting all over again. Stop rephrasing what she said and don't overreact!" She scolded and pulled up to make me stand.

"If she love me she won't have to think about it." I said that made her sigh.

"Then go and talk to her, will you? Maybe she already made her decision."

"What if her answer will be the opposite of what I'm expecting?"

"Rejection makes a person strong."

I scoffed.

But what she said is true though.

I told Jisoo that wait for me outside and I'll just get ready for work but she told me that she will just cook for my breakfast and leave after. She said she won't be staying long since she's going to go meet Rosé and I'll eventually go to work anyway.

After I showered and changed, I had what Jisoo cooked for me. It was just some pancake and milk since she knows that I don't really consume heavy foods during morning then I drove all the way to the hospital at where I work with a heavy heart.

"Good morning Dr. Kim!"

I only nodded at the staffs who greeted me and headed to the nurse station to see my schedule for today and it's just simple rounds.

I felt disappointed.

I expected it to be busy.

I want to keep myself busy because I don't want to fucking keep hearing my thoughts anymore-

"Good morning Dr.Kim ."I turned to see the person who greeted me and it turned out to be the person that I least or either want to see today.

She looked like she just got out from the operating room since she's still wearing the head scrub.

After we talked last night she got a call from the hospital that there's an emergency to one of her patients that made her bid her goodbye to me immediately.

If it weren't an emergency I'd stop her.

"You should take a shower."I said and she stopped from writing and turned to me.

"Do I smell bad? I just took a shower."She said and smelled herself so I went closer to her and smelled her too.

Gosh, I fucking miss her scent.

She stepped back in order for us to have some space that made me raise a brow.

She used to always like the skinship.

"I thought you just got out from the OR since you're wearing your head scrubs."I said and fixed her head scrub because it's a bit wrinkled and not well put.

I can feel the stares from the staffs but I don't fucking care.

I will be selfish starting from now on and I will only think about my own happiness and Lisa's.

She gently remove my hand from and remained holding it and continued to write.

I hid my smile.

The warmth of her hand always gives me comfort.

I waited for her to be done and while waiting I saw two interns looking at us like a fool or something so I glared at them and they immediately bowed as an apology and left.

"Don't scare them."I heard Lisa say beside me so I focus my attention to her again but my mind is clouded again when she let go of my hands.

"I don't like being stared when it's not you who's staring."I said that made her silent for a moment and stared at me for seconds then decided to talk again.

That's great. I still have an effect on her.

"I'll see you later Dr.Kim"She said and started walking away

Like hell. You're not walking away from me.

I quickly catch up to her pace of walking and snake a hand on her arm but she stopped and looked at my way.

"Are you forgetting that you're a doctor and has some responsibilities to do rather than clinging to me?"

Okay. Normally, I'm the one who's going to talk like that. This is not fair. We are slowly swapping personalities at this moment!

I lightly slap her right arm that made her surprise.

"What's that for?!"She complained.

I glared at her.

"I confessed that I want to start all over with you-" I was not able to finish what I was trying to say because she put her hand on my mouth making me lose my ability to speak.

"I said I'll see you later, remember? Yes, let's start all over again but lets take things slow, okay? And that means we are only friends right now. Now, stop raising your voice please."She said as she slowly remove her hand from my mouth making my smile visible.

I will ignore that friend part because that sucks.

"A date?"I asked, already smiling.

"Are you aware how crazy this is for me? You were just asking me to leave the country weeks ago because you never want to see me again but fuck it. Wear something comfortable later, okay?"Her sudden outburst and changed of attitude within a second made me chuckle.

"I don't mean that. I'm sorry."I apologized.

I feel bad. I shouldn't have said that. Fuck.

"Yeah, buy me an ice cream later as a peace offering or I will not forgive you." She said and tapped my shoulder twice before walking away.

I would buy the whole ice cream shop only for you Lisa.

-----
A/N
I guess I'll not update for a month then? 🤔