Chapter 12

Lisa's PoV

"Where are you going?"I heard Kai spoke that caught my attention.

He is talking to Jennie who is already standing up with a poker face on.

What's wrong with her?

"It's time for my rounds."She answered and was about to take the plate with her so she could give it back to the counter but Kai grabbed it first, standing up too.

"Go ahead. I'll return this for you. See you around."He said and tapped Jennie's shoulders twice.

I heard Jennie whispered thank you to Kai before walking away. I glanced at my watch and it's still 7:28 AM. I thought the rounds starts at 8 AM?

"I'll go ahead too, doctors. See you around."Kai said bowing a bit to us before walking away too.

We reciprocated the action and went back to sit and this asshole named Mark is starting to give pointers to the Jaemin about me, like he knows me too well. I silently groaned standing up and gave Irene a signal that I'm going first.

"Yah Lisa! Where are you going!?"I heard Mark calling for me but I just pretended that I didn't hear that and exits the area.

I know there's something wrong with Jennie. I just can't point out what it is. Is it me? Did I ruin her day already by seeing me the first thing in the morning? 

That's probably it.

My brows furrowed my eyes spot a very familiar person. I walked towards her and waited for the conversation of her and the nurse to be done before I went in front of her with a smile on my face.

"Hello Jessica unnie."I said and she chuckled embracing me with a quick hug.

She's based in New York like Krystal and I guess she's just here too with the same reason Krystal has.

"I'm glad you're already here. I was about to call for a neuro doctor but I don't need to do that now."She said dragging me with her in the room.

There's a middle aged man and its bodyguard immediately bowed when he saw us entered. Jessica handed me the tablet so I could read his file.

"This is Dr. Manoban and she's gonna check you brain scans if there's any complications."Jessica introduced and the man bowed to me and I reciprocated the action slightly.

"He's a VIP patient. Why is he here in the emergency room?"I asked Jessica, confused.

"He doesn't want to go there yet because his daughter is not yet here. There's a bleeding in his brain but I can't identify if it's serious or not. What do you think?"

Jessica is a general surgeon just like Irene. They know a lot about many things in every department but sometimes they need help with it when the subject is above their knowledge.

"There's a bit bleeding in you brain sir but it's really little. I will prescribe you some medicines and it will heal in no time. You won't need any surgery for this."I said smiling a bit.

"Oh thank goodness! The last thing I want is to have another surgery being performed to me."He said joyfully and I only nod smiling at him too.

I guess he's a liver transplant patient. His skin is yellowish.

Jessica explain some things and after that we excused ourselves.

"Thanks Dr. Manoban but I need you to do one last thing for me."She said and I playfully hissed which made her laugh.

"Can you get me Dr. Kim from cardio? My patient has a history of having heart attacks and a heart surgery. I'm afraid that his heart might collapsed during the liver transplant."She said and I was about to complain because why does it have to be me!? But another doctor called for her attention leaving me with no choice.