Chapter 13

Jennie's PoV

"Why are you here?"I asked walking toward Jisoo who's now smiling brightly to me.

"Okay, first of all, I'm here for Jackson and second I'm also here to meet Jinyoung."She answered taking her phone out of her pocket.

I raised a brow. 

"Jinyoung is here?"

I haven't heard any serious problems from the neuro department to the point that they'll need another surgeon from another hospital. Except Jackson's case that Lisa's currently operating right now.

"He's here to see Lisa performing a surgery on Jackson. Apparently, he's a big fan."

I heard from the interns and residents that Lisa's a big shot in the western areas. She must have been very busy there.

I nodded and proceed with my  morning rounds. I told Jisoo that she can stay in my office if ever she got bored lurking around.

I didn't get to see Jackson last night before his surgery because I had a meeting but I texted him good luck and he just replied with "I have no worries. Your lover is a brilliant surgeon but don't tell her that because it'll just add with her boastful side."

I let out a small laugh when I read that.

Lisa's boastful but only if her mood is playful or when someone is insulting her. She's arrogant too.

"Thank you Dr. Kim."I nodded and smiled at my last patient before leaving the room.

I left some instructions  to my residents for my patients that needs a bit of attention from time to time before I dismissed them.

When the elevator opened I saw Jinyoung and some nurses in it. He greeted me when we made eye contact. I went inside and pushed the floor number that I was planning to go to.

"Have you seen Jisoo?"He whispered at my side.

"She's in my office."I answered.

I'm not really close to this man. Jisoo was the one who introduced him to me. I don't know how they met but he's a good guy, as far as I know. He treats me coffee whenever he saw me at the hospital he's working. I sometimes get called there for work so we pretty much see each other often.

"You should have called me like a day before the surgery so I could have empty my schedule!"Jinyoung complained to Jisoo as soon as his eyes landed on Jisoo when we went inside my office.

I sighed. I just left Jisoo for like an hour and my table is already messy because the snacks that she brought is all opened. Some of it are spilling from the plastic. Did she open this all to know how it taste like? Jeez...

I started cleaning her trashes on my table until she pull me to sit beside her. A minute after Chaeyoung arrived here in my office and ate the leftover snacks of Jisoo as she sort some files from here bag.

"Why are you here then? Is the surgery already done? I thought you were planning to stay there until the surgery is done?"Jisoo asked 

"How can I? Dr. Manoban and Dr.Jung is so freaking scary! Every time they scold that resident guy I feel like I was the one who got the scolding. They're both very specific at what they want to do and It is really obvious that, that guy that is assisting them is not used of how they operate. But when I left they were starting to wrapped up though."He explains and Chaeyoung chuckled at what he said.

"Dr. Jung? Krystal? She's here? I thought Lisa only invited Irene to do the surgery with her." So she knows who is Krystal too, huh.

"Dr.Bae is there too. She was pretty much silent and do what she was told perfectly."