Chapter 10

Lisa's PoV

"Here's your whiskey, Lis"The bartender stated as he put my drink in front of me.

I smiled back and thanked him.

His name is Yunhyeong and we only had a little chat earlier because he might have observed that I want to be left alone for a moment to think.I'm glad that he noticed that because I don't really want to shove him away myself, he's a great company.

It's stupid for me to feel angry at Jennie for telling me that. She didn't even know but I still feel angry about it. I don't know, it just hurts.

Should I tell her about what really happened? No. I don't think so. There's no reason left for me to tell her that.

Nothing won't change anyway.

FLASHBACK

"Mr.Kim you can't do this to your own daughter, she worked really hard to get the grades that you require for her to go to medschool!"I complained

How can he do this to his own daughter!?

"I know. Good for her. I'm proud. But I already made up my mind. She needs to study business."He said, final.

I let out a complaining sigh.

"How can you not let your only daughter reach her own dreams? You well know that, that is not she wants-"

"I said I already made up my mind." He said cutting me off.

I bit the side of my cheeks and tried to calm myself.

"Then why did you ask to meet me? I know you didn't just invite me and eat some fancy foods here."

He put his utensils down and wipe his mouth before looking at me.

"You really want me to enroll Jennie to medschool? Like what she also wants?"

One more semester and we're done with college. I had to change his mind before then because I could never want to see Jennie's eyes full of jealousy while I'm wearing a white coat and she's not.

"Yes."

"Then you need to leave." My brows furrowed.

"What?"I asked like I just didn't know what those words mean.

"If she wants to be a doctor she can and I will let her. But I don't think she will be a successful and a brilliant one if you're in the picture. You two would just be going to dates instead of studying. Don't you think? Leave and I'll make sure she'd get the future that she wants."

Like a tree, I felt paralyzed and glued to my seat. I suddenly want to be dumb and idiot, wishing that I didn't learn their language so I won't be considering the deal that he's suggesting. I wished I didn't understand him at all.

But I do.

"But we already bought an apartment and we're already living together-"

"I am aware. Jennie told me all about it. But both of you are still too young to be even living with each other in the same roof. How can you go and explore the world when you're both holding each others necks? Eventually both of you are gonna break up because you'll get tired of seeing each other."

"Are you telling me all of this to make me agree with you  and leave your daughter?"I pointed out the obvious.

"I admire your brilliance, Lisa. I really do, but this relationship with you and my daughter has to stop."

"Why? Because we're both girls?" I asked and he chuckled with that.

"Oh, please no. I don't care whoever my daughter wants to date or get married with. I just care about her future."