7.0🍜 - Late Night Calls

―DESPITE KIRARA'S WARNING you still called Itona that night.

"Yeah, I know right." You smiled embarrassingly as you remember the day when End Class beat A-Class from the competition the big five and a few students from End Class made.

"Everyone's so proud." Itona muttered to himself like reminiscing those days. Those days when he's at his lowest and weakest, those days when he's still following Yanagisawa's order for money.

You, on the other line, went silent too. Those days, you're at your lowest too. You didn't want to remember how desperate you are for friends that moment that you aren't even picking them right.

You laughed at the End Class too, just to be able to keep up with your friends. To avoid getting bullied for defending them and to avoid being an outcast. You only hope Itona don't remember it, if he does whether he held grudges or not you're going to be more than a deadasssorrybitch for the rest of your life.

He doesn't deserve it nor anyone in End Class.

"Karma's being such a bitch." He brought up.

It makes you wonder what kind of classmate or friend Karma is. During your days in first year he was your classmate and so is Nagisa. You and Nagisa made aquaintance but you stopped talking to Nagisa once he befriended with Karma.

You were scared of him and shit. You blame your naive ass for believing your friends.

"Is he nice?" You asked.

Itona thought for a moment.

Karma's somewhat nice, nice in his own way that it's kinda hard to tell.

You're probably wondering because you've heard rumours about him before and honestly, Itona couldn't blame you if you're curious.

"Yeah, he pulled less pranks than he did the previous years, they said. But he's still a warfreak." Itona admitted, just simply speaking what's within his mind.

"Hmm... Did he harm anyone in the class?"

"Yeah, he and his bestfriend got in a fight."

Bestfriend?

Who's his bestfriend?

"What do you mean? How? Where did it started, I'm curious." You turned on the bed and layed on your stomach, using your elbows to hold your upper body up.

"Our teacher, you've known about him because of the news for sure. Nagisa suggested we try to find a way to save him atleast while still on the assassination somehow but most of my folks took the wrong way like Nagisa's discarding the whole assassination thing and when Karma came up, he said a few things that made Nagisa snapped before things gets worse our teacher got in the way and stopped the fight. " Itona started the story.

The next minutes, Itona continue his story.

"They're both good friends. " you smiled, thoughtfully.

"Your teacher is very nice and reliable too."

"I know right."

"How did it go when you first met them, the End Class?" You asked again.

"You asked a lot. Tell me about yourself too. Let's exchange info's, yeah?" Itona sighed at the excuse he made to get to know you better not knowing that strike a nerve. (Actually, I wanna insert here how he gave a lowkey threat to Karma, lmao).

"Sorry. Okay, where do we start?" You nervously asked.

"Shallow things. Like favourites?"

"Ramen is my favourite food, especially if it's those instant ramen that take less time since I'm never patient." You thought out loud.

"I like ramen too. I just like ramen for no particular reason."

"Wait, really?" You laughed at Itona's straightforwardness.

While Itona smile at the melodic sound you make.

You and Itona spent the rest of the night conversing about yourselves. It's a peaceful and joyous night.

~~

Monday came around, you and Itona decided to meet up at the library during your breaktime before lunch.

So, here you were: watching intently as Itona design a new blueprint for something.

Your eyes not locked on his godly face but to his large, pale hands with slightly obvious veins. Damn, those hands.

His tired eyes nearly closing as he keep his gaze down on the paper sheet.

"Are you going to take engineering in college, Itona?" You asked, finally the white-haired boy glanced up at you, the round glasses above his noes making those beautiful golden orbs with red and blue look even more attractive.

"Maybe. It'll be useful to the business my parents abandoned, I'm going to restart their work." He thought out loud as he continue scribbling down while glancing at your slightly confused face.

'That face looks so innocent.' He thought.

"What business?" You asked.

"Does my surname sounds somewhat familiar or something?" He asked, setting his pencil down.

"Horibe... where did I hear that before? Ah! That company who makes gadgets?" You asked, now even more intrigued.

Itona nodded, taking his glasses off that he now needed at some point because of this habit he has of staying awake late at night and finishing blueprints in the dark.

"It went bankcrupt years ago, my parents abandoned everything here including me and fleet away with the money they took from the company. They left me on my aunt along with their debts, I just finished paying earlier this year while I'm not yet done with paying my aunt cause she wants her money back." He explained briefly.

Thinking to the things he've been through, he's been through a lot. You wonder how he managed.

"Your life must've been tough..." You mindlessly muttered.

―&―

(A/n): should I go back writting at the minimum words off 800+ or stay in 500+?