23.0🍜 - Eat And Make-up

—AFTER ITONA LEFT you spent your time trying to calm yourself. Those annoying tears fell as soon as you heard the front door shut.

All you ever wanted was an explanation or a simple and honest truth of what you've been wanting to know but he wasn't giving you the satisfaction.

Although you felt a little pushy about that subject, it's already been yesrs and there is no way he's still not ready to tell you anything.

Anxiety took over your mind as you felt the stress travelling through your nerves, leaving your mind racing and your heart feeling the heaviest.

"Shh... It's gonna be okay... He'll tell me soon. " you spoke in hushed tone, embracing yourself while rocking yourself back and fort in hopes to calm yourself down.

"Shall I just stop and apologize?" you thought for a moment but then, eventually shaking your head. You've already gone this far, might as well push through.

You walked yourself weakly to the bathroom, there's this feeling as if your knees were being electrocuted as you walk.

You cleaned yourself up infront of the spotless mirror infront of you, tears stained your cheeks, your eyes are red and puffy with your lips quivering lightly.

You stayed for who knew how long, the cold water felt good agaisnt your face that warmed up due to a, once again, crying session.

Itona knocked on the door, for it was not locked, the door opened lightly revealing you sobbing on the sink. He sighed to himself before slipping into the bathroom.

You glared at him as his reflection emerged infront of you. He didn't reply and just simply brought his arms around you. Despite wanting to resist so bad, you ended up leaning againt his chest and hiding your face into the crook of his neck.

"The food is served at the dining, we shall eat first, alright?"

Much to his surprise, you nodded and obliged. His chest heaved in guilt thinking you must've been so hungry that you didn't even hesitate to accept the food.

Not knowing the truth, that you want all of this to just end and go back to normal. But the damage has been done and you don't think you can talk to Itona like before without getting the answers that you've been craving for.

Itona led the way out to the dining, warm soup have already been placed into a ceramic bowl waiting to satisfy your hunger.

Itona sat across you, bringing a spoon close ot his lips and blowing at the hot liquid before placing it in his mouth. A hum kf delight escape your lips making him smile.

"You like it?"

Itona might've overestimated your action by thinking: since you've agreed to eat with him, you're no longer mad.

You ignored him and continue on delighting yourself with the food.

The poor boy sighed and reached out for your free hand, which you (fortunately) let him.

"About last night... I'm not cheating on you alright. I don't want you to be involve with my own problems that's why I refused to tell you."

"But Itona, we promised each other we'll not hesitate to seek help from one another, right?" it was your turn to give him a pleading gaze.

His heart swelled in a mixture of gladness and guilt. He looked down at your hands and intertwined it in a firm and protective hold.

"Okay, I'll tell you." a smile displayed itself across your profile as you nodded at him to hearten him and speak. "But—"

Hold on, what?

"But, what?" you had retracted your hands from him.

"But, not now. I will tell you soon but right now... I don't think I can." he sheepishly averted his gaze.

Throat dry and voice jarring from crying out so much, you still chose to raise your voice. "How can I help you if you refuse to tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm not asking for your help. I just need you to understand that it's better to keep you in the dark about this."

You inhaled sharply, your breath intakes are short and rather fast. You knew all to well you're just about to explode again, like a volcano.

Frustrations bottling up in your magma chamber, hot tears glided down your cheeks like lava and finally a sob escape your lips. Like ashes scattering around the room— Itona breathed in those ashes, he heard those pained sobs, he saw that explosion right before his eyes. He felt the tears cascaded down your cheeks like there were his own.

"I promise I'll tell you one day. This is just too personal." he stood up and sauntered over to your place.

He wrapped his arms around you, bringing you closer. "Please."

"Itona..." you whispered, nuzzling your face into the crook of his neck.

"How about some ice cream?" he tried to console you with sweet.

"No."

"Some ramen?"

"I'm still full."

"I pretty sure you still have some space there for my delightful cooking, right?"

"You sound so much like Gojo."

"Gojo? Who the hell is that bastard?!"

───────
(A/n): eat and make up rather than kiss and make-up 🤣

Ended up far from what I've expected. Hopefully getting back to track with writting this book😇.