29/10/2021-perfect moment

Y/I- your initial

"We need to be back by seven though" I said with a concerned tone, Noah glanced over at me with a smirk "we aren't that far away now baby" He confirmed. He put on a Spotify playlist, at first, I didn't think anything of it because I was gazing out of the window admiring the sunset. My mind roaming through the thoughts which clouded up my mind, I fought through them trying to focus on one until a familiar tune entered my mind. "Another birthday gift, darling" Noah said shyly while he focused on the road, deliberately ignoring my expression. A smile grew on my face when a swarm of butterflies entered my stomach, my face drooped with sappiness as I scrolled through the playlist. All of the songs symbolized our journey, it was perfect.

He was perfect

"Than-nk y-yo-u" I stuttered as tears filled my eyes to a brim, a tear escaped and began to roll down to the edge of my chin, hanging on for dear life. Until Noah's gentle hand wrapped around my chin, wiping away the tear with his thumb. I hadn't even noticed we had arrived, he turned off the engine and wrapped his arms around me. Pulling me into the warmth of his arms, I wanted to stay like this forever, in his protective grasp. I pulled away; studying his whole face as I traced my finger around the ridges and bumps of his features. I loved the slight hints of honey brown in his dark ruffled hair, the small bend on his nose and the scar which was engraved on his forehead. He was my perfect, and I was his.

Forever

"What time was the dinner reservation?" I asked quietly, Noah rolled his eyes and pouted his lips. "Why do you not want to spend time with me?" He mocked; I playfully nudged his elbow "hey don't say that! Of course, I do, I'm just worried about time" I explained. He smiled brightly and opened the car door, walking around and opening my side door. He bowed In front of me and offered me his hand; I held it softly and stepped out onto the frosted grass. The ice crunched under my feet while the wind pecked my cheeks, "It's so cold" I mumbled wrapping my arms around myself. Noah shook his head and pulled his hoodie off, "here baby" he said happily. I folded my arms and pushed the jumper into his chest, "no you will freeze to death" I spoke stubbornly.

"Rather me than you" he said, but before I could argue he pulled the jumper over my head and helped me pull my arms through. "Besides I like the cold!" he yelled whilst he rushed off spreading his arms out as if he was a bird, he laughed contagiously and signaled me to follow him. I giggled as I trampled along the prickly grass, hearing the leaves crunch under my feet. I continued to chase him until we arrived at an entrance gate, Noah waited for me with flushed red cheeks. I held his hand then we walked through the gate, I studied the area. It was an even larger open field, filled with pumpkins and Halloween decorations.

Although that's not what we came here for I guessed once Noah guided me past all the jumble of pumpkin pickers. "Hey one lantern please" Noah asked calmly to an older woman who peered up at us through her tiny glasses which perched on the tip of her nose. She smiled before passing Noah a light orange lantern and giving him a wink, I blushed and followed Noah to the next field.

"Are we doing what I think we are doing?" I questioned excitably; Noah shrugged "depends on what you're thinking" he said mysteriously. I laughed whilst we trailed over to a bench to gather some pens. "Pick some colors and I'll go and put a picnic blanket down" Noah stated, then rushed of to an open space. I didn't even see the picnic blanket in his hand, I laughed to myself before gathering some pens. I settled down next to him on the red and green checkered matt, he took of his shoes and placed them on the corners of the mat then I did the same.

"Right then, dang it I forgot the candle!" he shouted before stomping away, my hands felt numb, and my fingertips tingled. I clutched the sleeves of his jumper, wrapping my hands around the soft, cotton fabric. The material felt soft on my skin and the jumper smelt of him, it was perfect. My eyes fluttered once a flicker of snow landed gently on my eyelashes. I looked up at the now dark, winter sky. The moon is isolated in the sky as the stars twinkled around it, soon droplets of snow fell from the sky onto my face. Feeling the ice penetrate my skin, I shivered, longing for Noah's comfort. "I'm back!" Noah yelled as he plonked himself onto the mat, "Oh my gosh it's snowing" he squealed. He stuck his tongue out while I watched the speckles of snow decorate his face, "Ok so shall we start?" I chuckled.

Noah passed me the lantern gently, "here, you go first" He exclaimed. I blushed slightly before reaching for the black felt tip, I smoothly wrote N+Y/I and used a red pen to draw a heart around it. A smile grew on Noah's face, we locked eyes and he reached for my hand. We intertwined our hands, "I love you" Noah gleamed. I bit my lip and looked down nervously, fidgeting with my hands I looked up "I love you too Schnapp" I giggled. I passed him the lantern, "close your eyes" he mumbled, my eye lids fluttered closed. I heard the pen screech across the fabric of the lantern, my mind searching for possibilities, what was he drawing?

A sudden warmth of air traveled towards my face; my cheeks flushed as his lips touched mine. His kiss was soft and gentle, our lips clung on to each other whilst his hands glided down my face. He pulled away, still cupping my face "Open your eyes" he spoke, I felt his comforting breath land on my face. I locked my eyes to his which glowed in the moonlight, tiny glistens that reflect the star lit sky. He stroked my face before letting go and passing the lantern to me.

'You're my perfect' was inscribed on one side while on the other, 'to forever' was elegantly written. I Doodled a small picture of the Eiffel tower underneath our initials and chuckled before falling into his arms. I hugged him tightly as I felt his arms hold me, "can we stay like this forever" I asked shyly, a grin painted across his face before pulling away. "We should let these go" he mentioned, I nodded whilst we both stood up hand in hand. Noah lit a candle and placed it in the bottom of the lantern. It lit up as bright as the sun, the blends of oranges and yellows in the candle danced swiftly in the breeze.

"Together!" Noah yelled.

We counted down slowly, feeling the wind fill up the lantern and battling our grasp. "Now!" I shouted, in unison we both let go firmly. The Ombre of orange and yellow, reflected on our faces, turning Noah's bright hazel eyes into a golden shine. We stepped back, our eyes locked onto the drifting lantern, it floated like a balloon whist it entered the depth of the night sky. The lantern illuminated the clouds whilst it glowed like stars in a galaxy. Millions of other lanterns filled the night sky creating a blanket of light above us all. My soul left my body, I began to feel numb as I become one with the earth. "This is breathtaking" I said wistfully, Noah lost for words nodded whilst his eyes stayed locked on the lantern. He pulled me closer and hugged me tightly, I leant my head on his shoulder and he lent his head on mine.

I wish I could stay in this perfect moment forever

-Okay I am obsessed with this chapter, awww omg lol

-also just imagine it's your birthday haha

-Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-Steph <3