q u i e t u s

s h a t t e r e d h e a r t s

c h a p t e r 20

s a m

Gently I lay her body down on the bed. Her eyes are closed and her face is so peaceful. As if she were simply sleeping. That is not the case. For I know that she is not sleeping, despite looking so beautiful. I refuse to even believe it. My heart has broken for her. Seeing her like this breaks me apart. The only one that I've ever loved with my whole heart. Her last three words spoke to me and I wished that I had more time with her, to tell her how I really feel about her. How I love her.

Her skin is so pale from loss of blood and while I tried and did all that I could to stop the bleeding, there was nothing that I could do to save her. I do not let go of her body. I hold her tightly as she lies there. I refuse to let her go. She's mine and I am hers. We were supposed to live happily ever after now that we have found each other. After all that pain that both of us have been through, we found one another and were supposed to be with each other.

The tears are falling down my face as I hold her hands. Even with all the blood on her hands, and mine, I still hold them. For I need to feel her. Her skin is the definition of perfection and Tatianna is the Goddess that walks the earth. She was supposed to live and she was supposed to be my Queen. A King is nothing without his Queen who will rule and be much higher than me. I would have gladly handed her the world to rule and be better than me. She would have ruled much better than me and I would be by her side, forever.

I look at her. "So beautiful" I whisper. She truly is the beauty that I don't deserve. The way that her beauty makes me continue to look at her and still see something that I admire about her each and every time. She's someone that can make my eyes turn towards her even when something else is around. Tatianna is the love of my life. I know that and she was supposed to be mine, now and forever. Yet now none of that can ever happen. She's... gone. And she's never coming back.

I saw how her life had gone from her eyes, the light that she had in her eyes had faded away until it was nothing and I had seen just how she had fallen limp in my arms. Her heart stopped beating and no longer was she breathing. She is gone from me and from this life and I will never be able to be with her again. I might be here with her body but it is her life that I admire, and her light and her strength and her beauty and grace. All of it is gone with her.

"I was supposed to save you. Just like you saved me" I whisper to her as I let out a sob. Her light brought me so much joy and I may have only met her officially not that long ago, but she made me feel like I was whole. She mended the broken heart that I thought would always have a hole inside after what had happened to me. I understand her more than anyone for I have been through what she has and I have felt the same pain as she. I was rejected as well.

Tatianna did not rejected me. She accepted me in every way and even when she found out who I was, she still did not throw me away from her. She kissed me. She truly did accept me. I saw the love in her eyes and how she truly did want me. There is no one that can ever tell me that she did not want me because I know for a fact that she wanted me. Not just to make love to her in the most heavenly way, no, she wanted me in every way and she wanted me to love her and treat her like the Goddess that she is and she would treat me in the way that I deserve as well.

She deserved so much more than death and she was supposed to be with me forever and she was supposed to lead. She is strong and she would have been able to lead. Even better than I have, which is saying a lot since I'm terrible at it. While I may be a King, I've not preformed as such for some time until now they have summoned me to lead. The Werewolves need a leader and I'm the only one who can.