l e g i t i m a t e

s h a t t e r e d h e a r t s

c h a p t e r 27

Entering the castle, it's even larger than I thought it would be and that is saying something. I don't know how it is possible but it appears that this castle is even larger on the inside than it is on the outside. Everywhere that I look, I see this beauty like never before. This is the first time that I'm seeing a castle and it's just how I imagined a castle would be. It's very regal and something that people respect. I wonder how people can even respect a building but now I can understand it. It's also a bit imitating.

I hold Sam's hand as we walk inside and I'm not going to let go. Just as I'm amazed by the sight that I'm seeing, I know that he's sad to be here. Because he has felt a lot of pain in this castle. Though, just like he chased away my pain, I will be here with him to help him chase the pain of the past. I hold his hand tighter and he looks at me and gives me a smile. As we are walking down the hallways, I see that people bow before us or rather Sam.

All of those people don't know me and I have not shown anything that would make them respect me. Before I have made them respect me, I don't deserve to have them bow before me. Sam and I walk together down the hallways, he is leading me and he knows where to go. He hasn't forgotten where to go and I think that no one really does. Just like I know every single hallway in the Pack House I lived in once. "We're going to my study, we do have things to take care of after all" He says to me.

I find that I'm warm all over when he says we. Because that means that it's not just Sam that is about to do this and deal with it, but we are going to do it together. "What do we have to take care of?" I ask him. In all of this, no one has told me exactly what it is that we need to take care of, and the man which was our driver never said it. And Sam hasn't said it either. Then again I hadn't asked until now to know about what it is that we are meant to take care of.

"My past" He speaks. He doesn't say anything else but I have a feeling that it's nothing that good which we are about to face. We walk and then he stops in front of these doors that appear to be made out of gold since they look like gold with these carved patterns that I don't know what are. Two men who are on either side of the doors open the doors for us and we walk inside. The study is a large room that is decorated in an old fashion style, just like the rest of the castle.

It does have this haunting beauty, I think. There are couches in one corner with a glass coffee table by them. In another corner there are shelves with books and then in the middle of the wall in front of us which is a little further back is a large desk with some things on it and a chair as well behind the desk. I realize that this is the desk that the King is supposed to use when he is working. I don't know much about the work that Sam has to do as King but I know he will show me.

"Come" Sam says to me and leads me to the desk. "Sit" He commands me softly. I eye him. "But, this is your chair" I protest but my words make him chuckle. "It's our seat. Or yours for now. Just try it on" He says. I do what he says and sit down. It's almost the most comfortable seat that I've ever sat in. The most comfortable would be when I sit on Sam because he's always comfortable. I look at Sam who is beaming at me. "You belong there" He says to me so softly.

I was about to say something to him when a knock on the door is heard. "She is here, my King, my Queen" A woman says and then she bows as she leaves. Sam stands with a straight back and soon enough a woman walks inside. I can hear her high heels click on the floor which makes me almost cringe. I've never liked the sound that high heels make, there is nothing that I can do about. When I see the woman that walks inside, I see that she is smirking and amused and she is beautiful.

I gulp when I see that she is only staring at Sam. I find the Wolf inside me begging to be let out. To attack this woman. I hold my Wolf inside because it would not do much if she were to be attack. I just arrived here and I would rather they not hate me on the first hour. "Well. It's such a nice welcome to see you here, Sammy" She speaks. Her voice is high and squeaky. She does dress in simple clothing. Just some black jeans and a jacket but she does dress well and I have to say that she does look beautiful.