a p p e a l

s h a t t e r e d h e a r t s

c h a p t e r 24

I look around my room, the one that I once shared with my sister. I have an empty suitcase on the floor, but I don't know what I should take with me. It would be the right thing to do for me to take clothes with me but Sam said that where he lives, there is everything and they will have clothes for me and I could choose anything that I want there. I don't know if I want to take my clothes. In truth I just want to leave everything behind and start my new life. What I'm trying to figure out is if I can do that.

If I will be able leave everything behind is what I keep thinking about. I know that this is all happening so sudden and I have no idea what will happen soon. What I do know is that I'm staring my new life with Sam and I'm going to be fine with him. I stare at all the things that are in my room. They remind me of something that once was, someone that I used to be. I'm not that person any longer, I'm someone else. Someone much stronger than I had been before.

Never again will I be that weak person that I used to be. I'm not the same that I was. I've been through pain and I've been through a lot. With Sam by my side, I could break free from the pain and I'm able to feel happiness. With him, things will be all right. I bend down and take the empty suitcase up and close it. Then I lean it up against the bed. I don't think that I need it. Nor anything that is here. I'm starting a new life and leaving all of this behind.

I walk out of my room and towards the room that Sam and I were staying in. I see him there talking with that man that was here before. Both of them turn towards me. "Queen Luna" The man says and bows before me. "I will follow your command and lay down my life for you" He speaks. I look at him in shock. I can sense the truth in his words and when I look at his face, I know he's serious about this. I give him a small smile. Then I look at Sam who nods at me.

"Thank you. I will never ask you to die for me, I promise you that I will never tell you to do anything you wish not to do" I say to him. I don't want people to lay down their lives for me and I don't want them to follow my every command. I only want them to live their lives and be free the way that they want to live. I have felt pain and suffered through a lot of things, and never do I want anyone else to feel this pain that I have felt. "Spoken like a true Queen" Sam says.

I give him a bright smile as I walk over to him and take his hand. "When you are ready, we can leave at any time" I say to him. He nods. Then he turns to the man. "Is the car ready?" He asks and the man nods his head. "Yes, my King" He answers. "All right. You may leave" Sam says. When the man is gone, Sam turns to me. "There are two things we need to do before we leave. And I promise you that I will stay by your side and be there with you the entire time" He says.

I raise an eyebrow at him as I have no idea what he's talking about. "What do you mean?" I ask him. I'm ready to go and leave all of this behind me. Let the past be the past and I want to move towards the future. With Sam I want to move forward. Holding my hand, he gives me a gentle look. "Come. I'll show you" He says to me. We leave the room and I allow him to take me down the hallways. Then I realize where it is that we're going.

To Nik's bedroom. I freeze when we're there. The door has been removed and I see that the blood has been cleaned. Still, I know what had happened in there and what I had done. I look at Sam. "It's all right. Facing him will help you move on" He says. "I won't leave you and if he tries anything, I will beat him up for you. Or rather let you at him. You proved that you are stronger than I am and you can do anything that you put your mind to" He says. I nod.

The two of us then walk into the room. Nik is sitting on the bed. I can see the pained expression upon his face. He looks at me and Sam with shock as we are inside the room. "What are you doing here? Haven't you done enough?" He asks. There is anger there but somehow, somewhere within him I can sense this gratitude for what I did. I don't dare to let go of Sam's hand. I need him here with me and he needs me here with him. "I have not done nearly enough. Nik, you hurt me" I begin.