e p i l o g u e

s h a t t e r e d  h e a r t s

e p i l o g u e

A golden crown sits upon my head and a celebration in my honor as Queen is taking place. I stand on the balcony with a smile on my face and watch the soft night. The sky is clear of all clouds and the stars are sparkling and beautiful. The moon's light is brighter. I can tell that my grandmother is happy for me. I do wish that she were here with me, I also wish that my mother were here with me. I stand there and find that the peace inside my heart is so real and true that it makes me feel so happy.

I turn my head to look inside. The music plays and people are dancing, eating and drinking. The sight is wonderful to see. What makes it even more wonderful is when I see Sam. He's dressed like the King that he is and he's dancing with Anna and Eric. The three of them are dancing with each other. It's clumsy, I admit. But, at the same time it warms my heart. It's impossible to not smile at this sight. I also take notice how my father is enjoying the food. He always has had a big appetite.

A sigh of pure happiness leaves me as I look at the moon once more and smile at her. I can feel that she smiles back at me. And as I walk inside to join the celebration, I can feel that my heart and soul are finding the happiness in life and there is nothing that can ever take that away. I join my family as we dance, holding each other's hands as we do. Laughing and smiling as we dance together with the music and enjoying the time that we have as a family which will always be forever.

We are a family. I found my family at last.

the end