𝟎𝟔𝟓

"𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚢"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺
𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

"GOOD MORNING, Noah," The principal says after she gestures for the teen to open her office door.

"Hi, can I talk to you about something?" Noah asks as she closes the door behind her.

"Sure,"

"I'd like to apologize for the fight. I wish I could change what I did, but I can't. I'm sorry for causing trouble and making your job harder." Noah says and looks down at her feet.

"Well, thank you for that," Principal Gallway says shocked, "I hope you know this won't get you out of ISS—"

"No, that's not why I apologized. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry and it won't happen again." Noah asserts, fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

"Good," The woman replies and Noah turns to leave, "That was very mature of you, Ms. Prentiss. I won't forget that."

Noah nods with a small smile and opens the office door.

"Oh, one more thing?" The teen asks, "Is there any way you could call Jacob to the office? I really wanna apologize to him, but I'm sure he'd ignore me if I try to catch him in the hallway."

"Sure," The woman replies, "And one more thing, Noah." She adds, making the teen turn around, "I watched the video. He provoked you, didn't he?"

"It's really not that big of a deal. I reacted wrong." Noah replies with a sad smile.

"And that's something I hope you can work on. I'm letting you out of ISS and you can go back to your classes." Principal Gallway tells the teen, making Noah smile.

"Thank you,"

Noah leaves the woman's office and closes the door behind her.  She walks up to the desk with a smile.

"Hi, could I have a hall pass?" Noah asks the receptionist.

"Yeah, sure," The woman nods as the teen leans on the counter.

"In trouble again, Prentiss?"

Noah turns to find Jacob Howard standing behind her. She smiles sweetly at him, putting on her best face.

"No, actually, I wanted to tell you something." Noah says and steps closer to him, "I'm sorry for hitting you. It was stupid and I feel bad."

Noah nods at the silence from Jacob. The receptionist hands her the hall pass, which Noah happily takes. She goes to walk away, brushing Jacob's shoulder for a moment and stopping to quietly tell him something.

"But if you ever talk about Jess again, I'll make sure that's not the last time it happens." Noah mutters and looks up at him, "We good?" She asks and slaps her hand on his injured shoulder — thanks to Clay.

"Yeah," Jacob grits at the pain, "All good."

"Cool," Noah beams and walks out of the office.

There is a few minutes before the bell rings, so Noah makes her way to her locker. She hangs her jacket on the hook inside her locker and takes some of the books out of her bag. She feels a tap on her shoulder and turns to find no one there. When she turns again, she finds a familiar blonde standing next to her.

"Getting your books for detention?" Jess teases.

"Actually, no," Noah says proudly, "Principal Gallway let me go."