4. The News Article!

Shut up! Stop tormenting this poor soul early morning!

Ding! Ding! Ding! *Click* Click* Click* Click*

I groaned in dismay and tumbled down my bed in a pure clumsy manner. But who cares. I'm alone and no one can see me embarrassing myself. That's the only thing that matters. I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes but regretted it the very next moment.

The noises from outside my house grew louder. I could hear people calling out my name and that made me frown and confused since I knew no one here.

Not personally for sure.

My residence was in a good neighbourhood, safe for sure and that was a good thing since I lived alone.

Tring!

My mobile phone rang loudly and the frown on my forehead grew deeper. Who the heck is calling me? Me? The loner who hardly talks to anyone. It's not like I don't want to but again I say I have high heights of trust issues and when I say high I mean my benchmark is beyond the sky.

My doorbell rang again. Bloody hell! Curse that person to the seventh circle of hell. I swear to God I'm going to give him a 100-page lecture once I open the door.I staggered on my feet, took a look at my wall clock and saw it was 6.30 in the morning. I walked to my door and once again being the utterly inhumanly clumsy person I am, I tripped on the rug beneath my foot.

Fantastic!

The doorbell and my mobile phone rang again simultaneously. I swore and began to get up but my eyes literally blinked out of the sockets and fell on the floor.

The f*ck is that? Is this some kind of joke or what?

It was the day's newspaper and I was in it. Me? Arielle Summers, the hopeless wallflower.

I hurriedly unfolded the newspaper lying under me. The f*ck am I doing in this picture and too with the most infuriating and arrogant son of a bachelor.

I took a sharp breath and skimmed through the news article. My mind went blank when the things began threading in my mind. I got up from the floor and cautiously peeped through the keyhole of the door.

The view in front made me gasp in horror. There were two men standing outside my house and they looked quite familiar. I backed away from the door and walked to my window. I cautiously swatted the grey curtains so that I could peek and see what was happening outside.

Sh*t! F*ck! Goddam*it! I was right. I was right.

More than ten reporters were standing outside my house. Camera flashing everywhere and a microphone in the hands of each of them. What the f*ck? Who do people think I am? A celebrity or what? I got up from the window seat and rushed to the door. I couldn't step out of my house like this. I had to do something. No way am I going to answer or give a statement to a piece of news I myself didn't know I was a part of.