Extras: A fight of love

"Nick you can't hide like this, I'm telling you. Once I find you, you will regret starting this game." I shouted as I searched for all the places he could hide.

"With you, I've never regretted anything, my love."The echo of his words bounced off the walls, making it difficult to pinpoint his location. The anticipation grew within me, fueled by anger, excitement and curiosity.

I knew Nick was skilled at hiding, but I was determined to find him.

I mean, who does he think he is? He can't just use the charm of his words and melt me all the time.

He'll be punished this time and that's final. No more letting his words melt me. I need to toughen up and stand my ground. This game of hide-and-seek has turned into something more, a war.

And Arielle Summers Arnold, you'll not be easily swayed this time.

"Amore you won't be able to find me."It was clear that the game of hiding and seeking had taken a romantic turn for him. Nick's words, both teasing and affectionate, echoed through the room, intensifying my determination to find him.

I went inside Kia's room but he wasn't there as well. Then I made my way toward the living room, searching for any sign of Nick.

The air was thick with anticipation as I manoeuvred through the familiar space, my eyes scanning every corner and crevice. It was as if time stood still, the suspense building with each passing moment.

Once pristine and organized, the kitchen now resembled a chaotic playground of melted chocolate. It seemed as though Cadbury itself had blessed my kitchen with an unexpected chocolate fountain.

Despite the mess, I couldn't deny the enticing aroma that filled the air, tempting me with its sweet seduction. I tried to push away the frustration at seeing chocolate stains splattered on the kitchen countertop. It seemed that the mischievousness of our game had spilt over into the physical space of our home.

Yet, despite the disorder, a smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

As I surveyed the chocolatey aftermath in the kitchen, my frustration began to subside. The whimsical chaos seemed to reflect the playful nature of our relationship. It was a reminder of the countless laughter-filled moments that Nick and I had shared, even in the messiest of situations.

I was baking a chocolate truffle cake for Mama's birthday when the playful chaos began.

Nick, always one to surprise me, crept into the kitchen with mischievous intent. As I meticulously measured out the ingredients, he snuck up behind me and playfully smeared chocolate on my cheek. Caught off guard, I let out a surprised yelp before retaliating with a handful of cocoa powder. Hence, how the fight began.

Just when I was about to restart my search mission, the bell rang. I hurriedly wiped the cocoa powder off my face and rushed to open the door. To my surprise, it was Mama standing there with a huge grin on her face. She had arrived earlier than expected for her birthday celebration.

Oh well!

"What's wrong with your face Ari?"

F*ck you, Nick!

"You just have to say the word, Amore.", My heart jumped in my chest as I felt his presence behind me.

"You wait till I get my hands on you, Nicolas F*cking Arnold.", I whispered in his ear as I flashed a quick smile at him.

"Oh, trust me, Mrs Arnold. I am."

"Ahem Ahem.", Mama cleared her throat, interrupting our playful banter. We turned to face her, guilty expressions on our chocolate-covered faces. "What am I going to do with you two?", she laughed.

"It's not me, Mama. It's him. He started it. You know I was sincerely baking for your birthday cake," I explained, trying to shift the blame onto Nick.

Mama raised an eyebrow and turned her gaze towards him, waiting for an explanation.

"And how exactly did I start this brouhaha?" Nick asked, raising his eyebrows at me. He was clearly enjoying the attention from Mama and revelling in our playful banter.

"Well," I began, trying to come up with a convincing explanation, "it all started when I walked into the kitchen and found Nick devouring the chocolate cake batter meant for your birthday, Mama."

"You did that, Nick?", Mama narrowed her eyes at him.

I nodded my head in confirmation.

"Yes, Mama. You know he not only tried to eat the cake batter, but he also constantly distracted me the whole time."

"How exactly did I distract you, Amore?"

"This chocolate is sweet but not as sweet as you, Amore.", he kissed the corner of my mouth and I could taste the sweetness of the chocolate cake batter."How do I want to touch you-"

"Ari-", Mama snapped me out.

"Tell Amore. Mama is waiting."

"Ha, I-You know that." I tried to explain myself but Nick and Mama laughed, "Oh my Ari! You're precious."

"Well, I must say, this is quite the lively birthday celebration already." She glanced at Nick, who sheepishly grinned back at her. "Ari, dear," Mama continued, "you know I love your baking, even if it ends up on your face instead of the cake. But next time, make sure you win." I laughed at her statement.

Of course, she always supports me.

As I wiped the remnants of cake batter off my face, I couldn't help but smile at the unexpected chaos of the kitchen. Despite the mishap with Nick and the stolen cake batter, there was an undeniable warmth and laughter in the air that made this birthday celebration feel special.

It was a reminder that sometimes the best memories are made when things don't go according to plan. As I looked at Mama and Nick, sharing a genuine moment of camaraderie, I knew that this was just the beginning of a day filled with love, laughter, and delicious surprises.

***