7. A Day with a little Girl.

Turns out I underestimated the job

Turns out I underestimated the job. Kia was a notorious kid, you won't know what she'll do or say next moment. Pretty unpredictable! And as if she has freaking wheels under her feet, the girl can't stay at a place for more than a moment.

"Kia baby stop running. You'll get hurt.", I yelled for the third time. We still were in Arnold Industries. While Mr Arnold was cooped up in his cabin or may be working, I was running behind the kid on the same floor. Her laughter was echoing in the corridor. 

"Ari catch me.", she peeped from another cabin which I got to know belonged to Mr Ryan, Mr Arnold's secretary. He was around his late twenty and sported light brown eyes with blonde hairs. I took a deep breath, bless the child but right now she seems a devil incarnation to me.

I kept my hand on my waist and dragged myself to his cabin. In my defence, I was never good at sports and as much as I hate to publicize my weakness, I have got low stamina. I can't exercise for long even if my life depended on it.

"Mr Duvey, Is Kia here?", he looked like a deer caught in red lights. I frowned. I just asked about Kia's whereabouts not the address of a hidden treasure. 

"No. She ain't here.", he said and then gestured to me through his eyes that she was hiding behind the door.

I pulled the curtains aside revealing a mischievous kid. She smiled and warmth flooded my heart."You found me, Ari."

"I'll always find you.", I smiled and lifted her in my arms."Now let's go. I need to talk to that grumpy man."

She looked at me, possibly confused by my words."Your uncle."

"Oh."

"yeah oh."

I asked Mr Ryan if Mr Arnold was free at the moment and he told me he was in an important meeting right now and that I have to wait for him for some time. I sighed, I was trapped on this twenty-fifth floor. I sat outside near the receptionist who was again a pretty lady around my age, Kia beside me. To pass my time and to get to know the kid more, I started talking to her about her likes, dislikes and stuff.

"Who's your favourite person?", Kia asked me and without even thinking for a second my answer was out."My Mumma." I forgot, perhaps this matter was sensitive for her.

Pain flashed in her eyes and I cursed myself." I never saw my mommy."She cleared her throat and smiled at me." But I know she would be really pretty and smart, I mean look at me.", I smiled at her words and pinched her nose. Probably, the time I'd be with her, I'd learn to be this strong. She was more mature for her age. Only if today Mumma was here with me.

"Hey don't be sad.", Kia traced her index finger down my cheek and I noticed my tear on it."You are also pretty and smart. Will you someday get me to meet your Mumma?"

I pulled her in my lap, close to me."She's with your mommy."

"With God?", she asked innocently peering at me