10. Shopping and Gardening!

The mall was buzzing with smiling faces and loud conversations as families took advantage of the pre-Christmas shopping rush

The mall was buzzing with smiling faces and loud conversations as families took advantage of the pre-Christmas shopping rush. After a long week of working hard, it was all worth it. There was a sense of excitement in the air as everyone ran to buy the perfect gift for the ones they love. It was a great time to spend with those you care about.

Kia, Evans, Aiden and Sienna were all excited to go Christmas shopping. They had so many people to buy presents for this year unlike me who once again is going to spend her holiday in a blanket with a tub of cookie dough ice cream or crying over the fact that this year also I couldn't make a friend.

Pathetic I know!

I shrugged my depressing thoughts and looked ahead only to witness Tara and Evans holding each other's hands and strolling down the aisle looking for a gift for each other.

The love!

I smiled and looked down at Kia who was again whispering something in Aiden's ear. What's with these two?

I walked to a jewellery shop nearby where I thought I might find something nice for her. However, all the jewellery in the store was ridiculously expensive. I couldn't find anything that was cheap enough. I was about to leave the shop when my eyes caught a locket. It was simple but beautiful, to say the least. It looked like a locket from the 1950s but the way it was made, I doubted it was from so long ago. I opened the locket and it had empty spaces to fill two pictures. I thought it would be a great idea to fill them with pictures of Kia and Mr Arnold. She'd definitely love it.

 I walked to the register to pay for the locket when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Sienna. I smiled at her and we both walked out of the shop.

"So any Christmas plans?", I asked her. She gave me one of her typical smiles, "I'm not sure yet. If I do, I'll let you know. I'm pretty sure I'll be spending the day with my family.", I promise I never feel envious but this thing I do. Why don't I have any friends or family to spend festivals with.

I sighed and smiled at her excitement."That's great."

"You?", she asked and I winced.

"Um..I don't have any plans yet, maybe out with friends.", I lied.

Thank God before she could ask something else, Kia interrupted and grabbed my hand pulling me with her. I looked at her in confusion but followed her. I should have known better than to question a four-year-old.

I take it back, I must have questioned her because she had dragged me towards Mr Arnold. I rolled my eyes seeing him talking on a phone. Mr Arnold hung up his phone and looked at me." I looked away not wanting to meet his gaze. "Nicky uncle you wait with Ari, I'll come in two minutes.", she said and sprinted off to God knows where.

Now it was me, Mr Arnold and awkward silence as always. I sighed and broke it. "What do you want for Christmas, Mr Arnold?" I asked.

He looked at me as if I had grown two horns."Nothing. What do you want Ms Summers?"