24. I had to make sure you were fine!

**There's a switch of POVs in this chapter for which I'm extremely sorry**

Nicolas Arnold's POV

F*cking hell!

It's been a whole f*cking seventeen hours.

Seventeen hours and still I don't have any idea how's she. I've been trying to calm and convince myself that nothing will happen to her but with every second, I'm getting more unnerving. Only if I hadn't left for the search of my pathetic brother, I'd have been with her.

I f*cking promised her that I'll not let anyone hurt her as long as I live but I broke the promise.

She, on the other hand, kept it with her life. 

Her life. 

"I promise you with my life, I won't let anything happen to her, you're present or not." Jesus Christ! I'm longing to hear her voice, I'm dying to listen to her cursing me.

"Nicky uncle.", Kia came up to where I was sitting like a depressed soul." Will Ari die like my mommy?", My heart went into a spin when I heard her voice.

"Kia.", mama yelled at her startling her. She wrapped her little arms around my neck, her tears soaking into my shirt." Don't say that. Nothing will happen to Ari."Mama said but Kia's question somewhere screwed with my brain.

A fear I had been trying to suppress the whole day came to life.

What if?

No. No. No. Shut the f*ck up Nicolas Arnold. Nothing will happen to her.

"Ari found me.", Kia mumbled and my whole body tensed up."That bad uncle was going to kill me.", my arms tightened around her little body, "Nicky uncle.", Kia faced me, her whole face shining with hope."Promise me, Ari will never leave."

I wiped her tears."Ari will never leave us." I promise you Kia and I promise myself.

I peeped into ICU where she was shifted after the operation. According to them, if she doesn't get her consciousness back within the next twenty-four hours, I don't even want to imagine the consequences.

For the first time, I feel so helpless. It's like I'm in the middle of a hurricane, with no means of survival and no direction to go to in a world gone insane.

My all money, all wealth seemed like a joke. How would I spend my f*cking life without her?

Stop it, Nicolas! She'll be fine.

She has to be.

For Kia.

For me.