27. The Enigma of the Nightmares

Happiness and contentment had similar meanings for me

Happiness and contentment had similar meanings for me. They all started with family.

It's so hard to find happiness. I've been looking for happiness for the last four years.

But today, I can say I found it.

The smiling faces in front of me made me believe in this theory. It made me think that the universe has a plan, if it snatches something from you, it is bound to return to you in some or the other way.

"What do you think, my child?", Mama asked me and I couldn't help but laugh mentally at how cute all of them were.

"You're not wrong, Mama.", I shook my head, as much as I wanted to stay with them more. The medicines were taking the best of me. I needed sleep but I wanted to stay here and talk to them.

"Come on, everyone. Out, now.", my sleepy eyes shot open when I saw Nicolas kicking Aiden and Evans out. Both of them looked at each other and then whispered something to him who in return punched their shoulders pushing them out.

I wanted to stop them but they already left smirking all the way. Tara followed and so did Mama, but not before pulling his ear and threatening him to behave or she'll throw his a*s out of his own penthouse.

He shut the door after them and all of a sudden the air felt thick. He came towards me and held out his hand for me to take." Will you give me the pleasure to show you your room, Ms Arielle Summers?", he said shooting a winsome smile at me.

I chuckled and took his hand. He walked me to a room. It was large but simple, it was clean, but it had a certain charm about it.

The room had grey walls, a king-size bed, a small table with a chair, a television, a large closet a bathroom, and the most beautiful part- indoor plants.

The feeling that came over me was of being home. Of belonging.

As if I belonged here.

"If you didn't-

"I like it.", I interrupted him with a smile."Thank you so much, Nicolas. You already did a lot for me and I don't have words to express my gratitude."

All of a sudden a notorious smirk appeared on his face. "Technically you don't have anything to be grateful for, but if you really want to thank me-"He walked closer to me and ran his fingers through my hair. "-and don't have words then you can always use actions, Arielle. Just the way I did in the elevator.", he said as he gently tugged me closer.

"You-", my voice came hoarse and breathless,"-you want me to kiss you?"

His hand froze."If you want." He said in an amused tone.

Bloody hell! I was getting so shy that words didn't form in my throat. A furious blush covered my cheeks as I contemplated what the hell to do? I thought about running away from him but where will I run?