33. Drunk Confessions!

Valentine's was one of the biggest events in NYC

Love is in the air wasn't a figurative statement. It was a literal one when it came to NYC.

The air had a sweet smell and a hint of romance. People were celebrating love in every way.

And seeing all these people so happy and in love, made my feelings for a specific man go out of control. Nicolas Arnold, curse that man, he was making it more difficult. He'd been avoiding me a lot for the last two days and that was really irritating me but again I didn't confront him.

I loved him, he had feelings for me but damn us, we both were scared to confess. The longer we avoided the truth, the more restlessness my mind and heart felt.

I looked at Evans and Tara, the couple of the house, their smile and happiness made my heart sing. Evans was beaming, apparently, he had asked Tara for her hand in marriage in the morning and she said yes.

I was genuinely happy for them. The way Evans looked at Tara was enough to make it clear how much he loved her.

"Dear God, Finally!", Mama clamoured."Why are all my kids so f*cking slow? I thought it'd take another decade for you to ask her. Goodness! I'm tired of playing the cupid for you all." She looked at me as if those last words were for me too.

"What are you guys doing here?", Nicolas entered the living room and raised an eyebrow at his friends. He was wearing a silk raven shirt with the first two buttons undone, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I liked how his shirt didn't cling to his body, it was not too loose but it would keep his arms in shape. Lastly, he wore a pair of nice light grey formal pants and his shoes.

I quickly averted my gaze and covered my cheeks discreetly with my hair. The hell is with this blush, my God!

"Evans proposed Sienna and she said yes," Mama exclaimed with a broad grin. I looked at him who gave a warm hug to his friend." At least someone has the guts.", she added taking a sip from her glass. He frowned at his mother's disappointment.

"Excuse me.", he sighed and went to his room throwing a glance my way.

"Come on, Ari. Just once." Tara requested me, pushing the alcohol containing glass my way."I'm getting married." Her voice held an excitement. Evans and Aiden looked slightly drunk and so did Mama.

"I'm sorry Tara but I really don't." She frowned and lowered her head with a dramatic sigh.

What a bunch of dramatic people I've got!

I rolled my eyes as I took the glass from her hands. As I took a sip I got surprised by how sweet it was. I guess, they must have taken extra care in making it because honestly, I expected it to taste bitter or sour but it tasted great.

I blinked my eyes and grinned at Tara who giggled back like a schoolgirl. She poured some more in my glass, Mama joining us. Three of us cheered as the alcohol started to warm my insides. It felt like I'd swallowed a warm fire but I didn't mind. I felt good and cosy... and light.