Extra's: A Jealous Wife

Today I learnt a new emotion about human beings

JEALOUSY.

Jealousy is an emotion that can consume a person entirely, leaving them blinded by their insecure feelings. It can be as simple as wanting to be more beautiful, or as complicated as wanting to be better than someone else.

But right now, all I wanted was to rip that clingy woman off my husband and crush her with my bare hands. 

Woah! Arielle, crazy much. 

Relax, she's just a random woman and you're his wife. 

His legal wife.

Nick loves you, why are you being so violent?

Nick and I had arrived at the birthday party of one of his closest friends, the owner of Halcyos. Nick was dressed in a black suit, looking hideously dapper. I was dressed in a black off-shoulder gown. We came inside and Nick got indulged with a business friend, we didn't even get to meet the person for whose birthday we came, I'd just stepped to a side to admire the decoration when that woman came along. I tried to ignore her, just like I ignored all the other women whom Nick talked to. But something about the way Nick laughed with her and she touched lightly on his arm egged me on. 

I felt like a loaded bomb, ticking furiously.

"My, my Nick, you totally look like the man Taylor Swift's songs talk about. Gorgeous." The woman said, my hands clutched tightly around the water bottle.

"Easy there, love." A new voice came from behind me. I turned around to see a tall, dark-haired man standing, his brown eyes shining with a sense of humour. My face flushed as he peered down at the bottle in my hand, my fingers had turned white due to the pressure I was putting on it.

"Let me take that off your hands," he said, "I bet you need it."

"Thanks," I muttered, embarrassed at my outburst. " As he took the bottle from me, I took a deep breath and tried to calm down my racing heart. I knew I was being irrational, but the feeling of jealousy was still there, gnawing at me like a persistent headache.

I looked at the green-eyed woman, flawless skin glowing like a moon in the dark night, her perfect lips stained red moving like a hypnotist's fingers. I can't believe that I was being insecure even after knowing my husband had eyes for no one but me.

His Amore!

"Only if looks could kill.", the man beside me said and I flushed more.

Great Ari! You could not be more obvious.

Stupid!

Nick's eyes moved to mine and the corners of his lips curved into a smile that made my heart flutter. He took a step forward, and I could feel my body respond to his approach but before he could take another, the woman held his hand and took him right off my eyes. I walked after them only to get lost in the sea of people in the hall.