43. Present And Future: Nick's POV

Nicolas Arnold's POV

When you're talking to someone you love a lot, you've got to be careful what you say. You might hurt them. You might get them mad and I'm thankful Jesus snapped some brains into me in the initial phase only in the disguise of Mama.

I'll always be thankful to my Mama for teaching me the difference between right and wrong, to wait for the right person.

I'm so happy I waited for her. I waited for my Amore. And I love her with all my heart.

When did I start sounding so cheesy?

I tensed as I felt her shifting closer to me. I never should have gotten into this. Why the hell did I even ask her to sleep beside me? Her coconut scent that always drives me insane was all over me. It was the best smell, the fragrance of my beautiful Amore.

Damn it, Nicolas! Now you sound bloody creepy too. It's a good thing she loves you otherwise she'd have definitely put you behind bars.

I felt her stirring in her sleep and then shiver. Was she feeling cold? I gently placed her head on the pillow which was originally on my shoulder, then I got up and covered her with a thick blanket. I couldn't help but chuckle at how she'd wrapped the comforter around her. Her feet were out of the covers. I cautiously touched her feet and then caressed the top of her feet.

I felt guilty. All day she would run after Kia for one thing or the other. I pulled out a bottle of Lavender essential oil from my drawer. I had it for Mama, whenever she'd have sore feet, I'd massage it over them. I cautiously dropped a small amount of the liquid on the top of her feet and applied it to her soles. Her skin was warm and soft as I massaged the oil into her feet. My fingers went up to her arches, between her toes, and then on the backs of her heels.

I mentally took a note to order more of this oil.

I felt her stirring in her sleep again. "Nick." Her voice was rough and raspy. I could feel my heart beating faster seeing her, just the way I imagined her in my dream. Her dark brown hair was a mess.

A Perfect Mess.

Her warm brown eyes were half-open. Lips that when curled into a smile would make me happy were slightly parted. She looked like a child, like a young child.

"Nicolas.", she snapped as her eyes furrowed."I asked what are you doing?"

"You have sore feet," I said, stroking her soles. I smiled as I looked up into Amore's face. Her cheeks turned rosy and she looked at me with the most innocent eyes. "You didn't have to."

"I wanted to," I said as I finished massaging her feet and went to the washroom to wash my hands. I came back only to see her smiling to herself.

That f*cking smile! What I'd do to see her smiling in my room every morning.

"Amore." Her eyes snapped towards mine and the beautiful rosy tint deepened. "Freshen up and after breakfast, we'll take Kia to the mansion." she nodded, the blush still present on her kissable cheeks.