23. Wake up Amore: Nick's POV

NICOLAS ARNOLD's POV

"No sir. We missed him again."

Damn it!

It's been a f*cking week that I've been here in London. Away from everyone, mama, Kia and her.

Amore.

I never thought that I'd fall in love with someone, that too at the very f*cking first sight. The day I'd seen her for the first time, hugging Kia, I felt like I was just struck by lightning.

She was the only person with whom Kia got so close at the very first meet. I still remember how she kicked Aiden when he met her first.

It's crazy how destiny made me meet her. After having that silly argument, which was just a way for me to have a conversation with her. When I offered her money, the death glare she gave me, I was left amused, the way she shut Kia's ears and cursed me.

I was so desperate to see her again that I followed her to Halcyos. I contacted my friend who was the owner of the place and told him to keep a cabin ready for me and send her as soon as she enters the building.

Jesus Christ! And I called her a stalker.

I'm gonna skip the part of how I answered his question as to why I need a cabin there at such an emergency. That sh*t was embarrassing.

My lips always curve into a smile whenever I think of how she entered my office that day. I'd never seen someone so angry at me before and as much as I hated the fact, I found it pretty unusual since she was the only woman who didn't look at me with admiration but with rage.

However, I still feel guilty about how I acted with her. I shouldn't have grabbed her hand. I'll have to ask her forgiveness for it although I'm aware she has forgotten that incident.

Then Kia threw a fit of how she wanted only her as her babysitter. I was more than happy. Hell! I'm ashamed to say but I was a little jealous of how she'd get her all attention for the whole day but I satisfied myself. At least, I'd be able to see her whenever I wanted in the name of Kia.

God! I've got it bad.

I literally went to a park without any second thought. The biggest mistake I did. My fists always clench in anger whenever my mind went to the day she was hurled to the ground by those bloodthirsty reporters and journalists.

The nail marks on her skin are imprinted on my mind, as much as I wanted to destroy the whole career of that reporter, I restrained myself. He had a kid to feed.

I just left him with a warning or maybe a threat. I don't remember.

For the first two days, I tried my best to act normal, keeping that brooding blank mask on my face that I didn't care but the more I saw her, the more I felt like a schoolboy with a crush on her.

But the day she fell while they were playing hide and seek.

I didn't have any interest in that silly game but Aiden, the guy has been trying to ship us both. Moron thinks I don't see how he and Kia always keep trying to bring her and me together, not that I mind but as long as their little mission doesn't hurt her.