18. My smiles and His blush

When I was a little girl, my mother would bring me to dance classes on the weekends

When I was a little girl, my mother would bring me to dance classes on the weekends. I loved the music, the movement, and the sense of community that dancing provided. But right now, the same dance was a reason for my growing anxiety.

Mr Arnold, curse that man to hell and back, he was smirking. I mentally decided to step on his foot in the name of this dancing dare. I smiled and asked for his hand, uh not for the marriage purpose of course, but as a dance partner.

I must admit that I was a little nervous, but the feeling of his hand in mine was calming, and at the same time, exciting. I felt the pull of gravity on my body as he pulled me close. He placed his arm around me and then placed his hand on my neck and whispered, "Why to take the pain of dancing, you could have kissed me and the dare would have been finished within a second."

My face felt hot at his shameless words. And as if he was asking for it, I stomped on his foot. He gritted his teeth to suppress the urge to curse and I smiled proudly seeing his misery but my smile died down as soon as he gave me that weird look again.

There surely is something wrong with him today.

He placed a hand on my cheek and whispered, "I am sorry for what happened in the kitchen. I have no right to hug you..", and then he said something under his breath that I couldn't muster.

But whatever it was, I didn't mind since my heart literally jumped at his words. I was embarrassed by what happened in the kitchen but he didn't show even an ounce of it. He had apologized to me and I don't know why but I found myself comparing Mr Arnold with him

I smiled, wholeheartedly, after a long time.

A smile that actually reached my eyes. This man. This man who loves to argue with me, this man who has made me angry so many times made me smile today.

He had apologized for the hug. It showed that he cared about me and my comfort and I couldn't help but smile at him. He was truly a gentleman and as much as I found him irritating before, today he had earned respect in my heart for him.

I was happy to dance with him, to have this conversation with him.

He looked satisfied seeing my smile as he held my hand gently. He said, "I take it, you've forgiven me."

I shook my head with a chuckle. My heart was filled with happiness. 

The song ended and he let me go. I heard the claps of applause from the people around us. I was a bit embarrassed that I was the centre of attraction but it was worth it.

Mr Arnold was worth it!

I looked at Tara and Aiden who gave me a knowing smirk. Evans was fast asleep, his head on her lap. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and smiled. 

Mr Luke Carter was scowling. The f*ck is wrong with this man? F*cking butthole!

"What was the whispering going on, huh?", Aiden asked as soon as I approached them with a big smile on my face. I don't know why does he enjoy it when it comes to me and Mr Arnold.