38. A Perfect Evening!

Perfect! He was perfect in every possible sense

Perfect! He was perfect in every possible sense. He was everything I wanted and everything I needed. I can't stop thinking about him. I've lost my heart to him.

And that's not it. I was falling for him with every look he gave me, every word he spoke, every touch he gave me over and over again. Bloody hell!

My lips curled into a smile at the memory of last evening.

I was standing in front of my mirror looking at the ugly scar I got due to that horrible incident. The more I looked at the scar, the more I felt miserable.

I hadn't realised that Mr Arnold was listening to me crying over something so petty. God! I was so silly.

When I opened the door, he was right there, leaning with his arms crossed over his chest. His face was calm as he looked at me. He grabbed my hand and walked into my room with me. He stopped right in front of the mirror, his arms wrapped around me from behind, eyes staring into mine through the mirror. He held my hand and made me pull my blouse little exposing my scar. 

Then he slowly let it fall back in place. "It's hideous.", I whispered as I looked right into his eyes.

He smiled warmly at me, my heart raced. 

He held my hands in his own and held them tightly." I don't think so." his voice was calm and yet firm.

"This beautiful scar will forever remind me that I've got the most selfless and beautiful woman in the world." He rubbed circles on my thumb as he kissed my jaw softly." It will always make me remember how you put yourself in danger for a kid who you knew for a month." He smiled as he turned me to face him.

"It will always remind me how lucky I'm to have such a fearless love." He softly touched my lips with his thumbs."It will always make me remember I've got an angel in person." My heart skipped a beat when he said those words, his every word screaming sincerity.

He closed my eyes and walked me a few steps. When he removed his hands, the first thing my eyes caught was the poster my Mumma made for me-' Always love and respect yourself.'

"Always love and respect yourself." He whispered in my ear as he stroked my hair tenderly. I shuddered when he said it. "You're my angel and I want you to be proud of yourself." He kissed my cheek as he looked at me.

How do you fall in love with the same person over and over again?

I smiled at the mirror as I wore the pearl earrings and a cute butterfly necklace. I was ready in a bodycon black dress, my hair was tied in a bun with a black velvet bow.

He'd always made me feel special and it was my turn. He had always been so good to me, I wanted to make him feel special too. I wanted to show him how he'd made me feel.

Although I doubt I will ever be able to make him feel the same way he makes me.

But still, I'll do my best, the best of the best.