8. Coconut

Now the scene was I, meaning the clumsiest and most unfortunate person on the earth was lying right beneath Mr Arnold and curse me if I'm lying, he was really heavy on top of me, and that was why I was having some pain in my head and why was I dizzy

I wanted to get up and make my escape, but I was caught in a very awkward position, no, I got myself caught in a very awkward position, I had my arms pinned to my sides and my legs were pressed to the ground by his weight. 

Goddamnit!

I tried to get up but I couldn't. I tried to move my legs but they were getting tangled up with his. Mr Arnold's head was right beside my neck and then I heard him mumble."Coconut."

What the-? 

I hit my head on the ground, why is he being the insane here? That's another thing, he always acts like this.

Weirdo!

"Wait Ms Summers.", he grumbled then placed his hand on my waist. Heat crawled my neck as I looked up at him. I saw he had his head tilted to the side and a small smirk on his face. "So clumsy.", he added and my embarrassment heightened. I so knew he'd say it.

"Stay still." And with one swift movement, he stood up. I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as he was away from me. I could finally move my head and arms and legs again. I looked up at him and saw he was looking down at me with an amused look on his face. I glared at him and slowly got up. I felt my back, and it hurt like hell. Shaking my head I cleared the dizziness.

I looked at my side only to witness Kia and Mr Rivera looking at us with disappointment. What's up with them? Mr Carter on the other hand had a huge frown plastered on his face.

Sienna looked confused as she tried to analyse what just happened. I looked back at Mr Arnold only to see him still looking at me. His eyes were still sparkling with amazement and amusement. I didn't look away, I continued to glare at him.

After what felt like an eternity I sighed and rolled my eyes making him scowl. I mentally laughed at his reaction.

"It's getting late, I'll leave now.", I said to Kia and hugged her. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time, following my movements. I knew he was probably smirking. I turned to go out of his cabin when his quiet voice stopped my feet."My driver will drop you. By tomorrow everything shall be sorted. Your work starts at twelve after Kia comes from her school till the time I don't get free from my office."

I frowned. What does he mean by till the time I don't get finished with my work? I smiled extra sweetly at his timings, a habit of mine when I have to get in a serious fight with someone."Mr Arnold if you don't mind I want to talk to you alone," I said and walked out of his cabin. My eyes caught the smirking face of Mr Rivera and the serious face of Mr Evans. What's up with these two? 

He followed me and once I was sure I was not in the hearing zone of Kia. I thundered at him."What do you mean by till the time I'm done with my work. I'm not your slave Mr Arnold. You can't just give me orders all day long. I have rights too. And that is to leave when I want." He had a big smirk on his face. I glared at him which would be the tenth time this day."Why are you laughing now? I didn't know I cracked a joke."

He took a step towards me and it took everything in me not to take a back but being the stubborn female I were, I stood my ground. He took another step closer but still I didn't back away. Who does he think he is? I thought. He scrutinised me and smirked. "So I guess that's a no. You won't work according to me, Yes?" I could feel my face burning with anger. I had to calm down. I took a deep breath and smiled sweetly at him, "You sometimes make me believe in my theory of you being slow. So let me repeat again and clear. I am not going to work according to anyone, you are no exception."

He smirked again."What if you were an employee of a company. Wouldn't you work according to your boss, hmm?"

I took a step towards him making our faces just a few centimetres away. He looked amused, "I don't think you understand Mr Arnold. I'm not your employee. You basically requested me to help you till the time you don't find a good babysitter for your niece. So this rule doesn't apply on my case."

"But I'm the one giving you your paycheque.", he said challenging me.

"See Mr Arnold-", I smirked," I told you once but I'll tell you once more, I'm never after someone's money. Babysitting Kia is not a job, it's like a favour I'm doing for you for which you should be grateful to me. I never ask for money for a favour, so do not ever threaten me with your money. Goodnight.", I turned and clicked on the elevator button.

The elevator dinged and before the gates could close I said to him."Thank you for your generous offer but I'll go by myself."

I thought the talk or argument or whatever you name it was over but he had some other plans. He walked into the elevator and cornered me in. I tried to get away but he pulled me closer. "I think you misunderstood me," he whispered in my ear. He then put his hand in my hair and pulled my head closer. I froze up and he got the hint."I am not one to beg people for their help. I do not ask for favours Miss Summers. I command them. And you are no special. Let me remind you, this whole thing was a deal where you promised me to babysit Kia and in return, I'd sort the media. Did the bell ring?"

"Of course I do.", I spoke daringly," I said yes to babysit Kia but nowhere in hell did I say that I'd work according to you. I have got a life."

"Sure you do.", he mumbled."Well then twelve to eight, is it fine with you?"

"Great. Now let go of me.", I ordered and that's when he realized how close he was to me. Definitely slow!

The elevator dinged again. I can swear with my life that it was the longest ride ever.

I left the elevator while he stood inside, his hands in his pockets. I gave him a last glare to which he just smirked in amusement. "Coconut is a nice choice."

And that's when I realized my hair smelled like coconut due to my shampoo.

***