11. Why does he care?

Mr Arnold looked at Kia and I was damn sure, he'd throw a fit or yell at me for making Kia work in a garden or worst hang me to death, okay that's an exaggeration but you get my point

Mr Arnold is who he is.

But believe me, I'd to pinch myself, Mr Arnold didn't say anything. Like not a single damn thing, instead, he took the chives from Kia's hands and started planting them in a row, well I don't know if he planted them but he sure put them in a row. 

I couldn't help but chuckle."Oh no we don't do it like that." I said and moved towards them. I crouched beside him and took the cuttings from his hand, ignoring the feeling of his fingers on my palm.

"We put chives in a pot, we keep them in the cool room, we give them little fertilizer and all that stuff. We don't plant them in rows or anything like that." I finished planting them and turned to look at Kia but she was nowhere in sight. It was only him.

 I turned back to my plants."How did you get here?"

"I was about to ring the doorbell when I heard a shriek from your backyard, thanks to your clumsy self.", I glared at him.

"So you thought it'd be nice to sneak on us, did you?" I asked and gave him a look of disbelief."How amazing."

"I thought you got hurt.", he whispered seriously and I couldn't understand what he meant. He brought his hand to my cheek and I shivered. He was dead serious. He didn't say anything but the look in his eyes let me know that he thought I was hurt. Was I?

"You're hurt." He said. His fingers gently brushed my cheek and my cheek tingled.

"No, I'm not," I said and quickly got up and walked away. He followed me and I could hear the clattering of his heels as he walked on the hard ground. "You're bleeding." He said. I looked down and saw that I had blood on my hand. I must have cut my hand from the chives while I was sticking them in the pot.

"Two days back you got cactus spikes on your hands and now you're gardening. you're so weird." He gave me a look of disbelief.

"Why do you care if I'm weird?" I asked and looked at him again. He shook his head and started walking away. 

"I don't give a damn who you are, I just want to know if Kia is okay." I rolled my eyes and here I thought he was not that bad.

"Alright Kia, let's go to the home.", he asked once we were back inside my house. Kia's smiling face turned into a frown."No, I'm not going home."

Mr Arnold's fists clenched."Kia, we will not go to the mansion. We'll go to the penthouse. Come on!"

Kia hesitated for a second and then ran to Mr Arnold. "We can go to the penthouse. Can we?" she asked and Mr Arnold nodded and did I see a hint of smile on his face."Yeah, we'll go to the penthouse." He told Kia and then turned to me.

"We shall leave now.", he told me. Kia came to me and made me bend to her level."See you tomorrow Ari.", she whispered and giggled. I just nodded and waved at her retreating figure.

Mr Arnold followed her and just when I was about to lock the door after them, he traced a water droplet down my face."You need to change Ms Summers. We won't want you getting sick on the second day of your job, now do we." He said with a little smirk.

I nodded, then shook my head, and then again nodded. I looked up at him and realized his smirk had grown wider. Oh, bloody hell! I had made a complete fool of myself.

Goddamnit!

I gave him a mean look and slammed the door on his face. Jerk!

A wave of wind went across the room and I shivered, courtesy to my wet clothes. A string of curses left my mouth with every sneeze. Damn it! Damn it all! I did not need this. I did not need a cold.

I shook my head, "It'd be okay. It's fine. I'll be fine by tomorrow."

I started shivering and my head ached with every sneeze. After a while, my heart grew heavier and my eyes grew dry. I had to get out of these wet clothes. The cold was getting to me. I closed my eyes. It'd be okay. It'd be okay. "God this cold!" I shouted.

I quickly sprinted to my bedroom and threw on a warm shirt. The heat spread through me and I felt my heartbeat slowing down. I sat on my bed and slowly rubbed my hands on my face. I quickly gulped a couple of tablets and rubbed my eyes. I put my phone next to my bed and fell asleep after a few minutes.

Okay so let me get this straight! I didn't expect that this cold will capture me in its girth so freaking badly.

The next morning was a pure bloody torture for me. I woke up and opened my eyes. I groaned as I sat on the cold bed and checked my phone. The pills took the best of me, but I still couldn't feel like myself. I sighed, I can't take an off, that devil of a man will taunt me to death.

I rolled my eyes thinking of his words.

I got up and took a shower. I grabbed a warm shirt and a pair of jeans, put on my sneakers, and went to the kitchen, I quickly ate something and then I grabbed some water and a bottle of pills. I took a large gulp of water, swallowed the pills and washed them down with water. I ran a comb through my hair looking at myself in a mirror. I still looked a mess. I rolled my eyes at my appearance.

Who cares?

The moment I stopped in front of Kia's school, I came face to face with Mr Arnold. Doesn't he have any work at his office? 

He glanced at me from his car and when I thought he'd just avert his gaze. He didn't.

He kept looking at me. I tilted my head in confusion but he didn't stop looking at me, instead, he gestured me to come towards him. I cautiously walked over to where his black SUV was standing and I'd just stood near him, he had caught my wrist in his hand.

"I knew it.", he mumbled under his breath. I gave him a questioning look."I told you to not get sick, didn't I?"

I gave him a funny look."Do you think I requested Mr Fever to grace me with his presence? That sir, it's been long since you blessed me.", I mocked making him roll his eyes.

"What should I do with you, Miss Summers?", he whispered and I don't know why his words made my heart race but I shrugged the feeling since I was sick. It must be my illusion.

"Get in the car", he ordered making me raise my brow at him."You'll get colder outside.", he added.

"Why do you care?"

***