17. I fell in love with her the very moment I saw her.

Remember how I told you, Mr Arnold was a representation of litmus paper

Remember how I told you, Mr Arnold was a representation of litmus paper. Today I can write that theory on a stamped paper.

Like, one minute he blushes so hard as if he just confessed to someone he's in love and the other minute he acts like he's a devil who will kill you.

Right now, we all were sitting beside the ginormous Christmas tree, Kia was not being herself, as if something had triggered her just like her uncle, she was also pouting in a corner. Tara and Aiden were trying their best to cheer her up.

Evans still hadn't arrived, apparently, his cousin was accompanying him. This was a little odd because Mr Arnold said it was just them and no outsider, except me who was one.

Talking about him, he was still acting weird, whenever our eyes met accidentally, he would pretend to look at something else and stare at me, I knew he was staring, but I couldn't quite point out what he was thinking.

I shrugged thinking about him and walked to Kia." Kia do you want your Christmas gift?", as soon as I asked that, her eyes snapped towards me and she gave a vigorous nod.

"Ari, what did you bring for me?", Her eyes twinkled with eagerness.

"Now that's a question.", I gave her a sly smile forwarding the small box wrapped in silver paper.

"Go to Nicky uncle and tell him to open it for you.", I whispered in her ear. I may be always fighting with him but I didn't want him to be sulking in a corner on a festival and the way he was acting so weird, I didn't want Kia to suspect it. The little girl would be tense seeing her favourite person like that and I didn't want that to happen.

Kia ran towards Mr Arnold and just like before as soon as his eyes met mine, he looked away. F*cking weirdo!

I rolled my eyes and concentrated on following Kia's movements. She hurriedly unwrapped the gift and held it up. Her face beamed with joy as she forwarded the box to Mr Arnold just like I told her to do.

I looked at his face as I anticipated his reaction to seeing the little necklace that held his and Kia's picture.

As soon as he opened it, a subtle smile appeared on his lips. He showed it to Kia and she squealed, running towards me and hugging me with her dear life."Thank you... Thank you.. Thank you so much. I love you so much.

I lifted her in my arms, holding her close to my heart." And I love you so much too.", she kissed my nose earning a peal of laughter from me.

She told me to place her down on her feet and as soon as I did, she sprinted towards Aiden and Tara who took her to the poolside for some photoshoot thing.

My heart swelled seeing her contentment and delight. I wanted to follow them but I felt eyes on me again. When I turned, I was surprised that Mr Arnold who was avoiding me the whole evening stood right near me.