chapter sixty-five

rowan exits the room after the phone call with harry. he asks the kidnapper to watch over zayn.

"hey. you!," zayn calls out to him. his mouth luckily still hasn't been covered again. the beaten up guy looks at him. he looks a mess, and he also looks angry. he probably blames zayn for his mistake and not the man that beat him up.

"i need to pee," zayn says. the guy turns his face away and ignores zayn. "hey, i'm talking to you."

"shut up," he responds.

"fine, be that way. i'd just pee on myself then, and guess who'd have to take care of that mess? that's right, you," zayn says. "and i'm pregnant so it's going to be a huge mess."

the man turns to him, staring at his stomach and looking surprised. "you're pregnant?"

zayn is also surprised that he didn't know. he thought it was obvious, he's showing and he used to think everyone could tell. but he guesses seeing a pregnant man and a pregnant woman are different. when people see a pregnant woman they know right away she's expecting.

but it's not quite the same with a pregnant man. it's rarer, and when people see a pregnant man their first thought isn't that they're pregnant, they just think that they have a beer belly situation going on.

zayn can also detect some undertone of pity coming from the man. maybe he can use it to his advantage.

"yes, and it's just really hard, you know," zayn says. "i'm sick all the time."

"i didn't know," the man admits. "you should have said something, i'd have been more gentle."

"i'll lead you to the restroom," the man says, walking up to zayn and untying him. he stands for the first time in a couple of hours, his knees are weak.

his abductor actually helps him stand up, and zayn notices that he's way more gentle than he was a couple of hours ago.

zayn will certainly use this to his advantage. he takes awareness of his surroundings. they look like they're in a regular office building. except it's abandoned.

he's led to the restroom which he had to climb up a flight of stairs for. he looks around and studies his environment, trying to detect any chance he can use to escape.

he can spot some windows, but that's not a viable option because he can tell that he's at a very high floor and if he tries to use the window as an escape he'd probably end up falling to his death.

the restroom isn't much help either because it's still far up and he can't climb down the bathroom window. it's also too small, he opens it anyway and looks down. it's even higher than he thought. he starts waving at people down but no one can see him. he wants to scream but that would probably alert his captor just outside the door.

he thinks of what to do. he decides to throw one item of his clothing so someone can look up. clothes are too light and might not make an impact to get any one's attention.

he only has two options. his watch and his shoes. his watch is too expensive, it was a gift from his brother, zayaad who was supposed to be the person kidnapped, not him.

he bets that if it were zayaad his brother would have escaped long ago. he just had to be the weak one.

what would zayaad do?

well he probably would throw his shoes, and the watch down. but coming out without shoes to face his captor again would be too suspicious. but then again he can use that to his advantage.

he throws one of his shoes, nothing happens. he throws another one and it almost hits someone in the face.

yes! that's it. look up.

the person looks up, zayn waves and mouths help. the person gives him the middle finger and walks away.

zayn groans, why did he think this was a good idea? of course everyone in california is so far up their own ass they can't notice that he needs help. well, at least he didn't throw the wristwatch away.

there's a knock on the bathroom door.

"5 more minutes and i'm coming in," his captor says.

fúck, what should he do?

to hell with it.

he removes his watch, and decides to throw it away. it lands on a guy passing by with a hat then drops to the floor. the guy bends down, and picks it up then walks away.

"what the fúck?!" zayn screams to himself. "give me back my fúcking watch you piece of shít!"

but it's too late, he's already walked away. zayn screams again, his frustration finally getting the best of him.

first he had to get kidnapped. then, harry is going to be taken away by the guy that organized everything, and now he lost the watch his brother gave him as a gift that he's had for years for nothing, because he still hasn't figured out a way to escape yet.

he's having the absolute worst day ever.

he screams again louder, hoping at least someone would hear him. but of course, the only person that does is his abductor who comes in rushing and covering his mouth.

"stop fúcking yelling!" the guy says. zayn bites his hand.

"you kidnapped me! i have every right to yell you bloody psychopath," zayn barks back.

"you'll be set free in a couple of hours!"

"choke and die," zayn spats at him, trying to get out of the door but to no avail. the man blocks his path. "let me out."

"you're crazy and if you don't sit still i'll have to use force,"

"i'm crazy for wanting my fúcking fundamental human right back," zayn laughs dryly. "i must be dreaming. there's no way i got kidnapped by a fúcking amateur like you. i've dealt with men ten times stronger than you when i was sixteen, you don't fúcking scare me."

the man actually backs down a bit. zayn noticed it earlier at his confrontation with rowan. his captor, for lack of a better term is a pússy.

"let me go," zayn says. "let me go and you'll go free. i won't mention you to the police, rowan would take all the blame. he kicked your ass and he doesn't give a shít about you. you have no reason to protect him, and when he gets arrested you'll be free away from him."

"i-i can't," the man says.

"you can. this is the only way you can win," zayn says. "the cops are probably already closing in. if you let me go and you leave, you don't get arrested."

the man goes quiet. zayn can tell he's considering. "would that really work?"

"of course it would. it's the only choice for you if you don't want to go to prison," zayn responds.

"fine," the man says. "i'll let you go."

"you've made a wise choice," zayn says, walking out of door.

"i need to make sure of rowan's whereabouts first," he says. "it would ruin the plan if he catches us before you escape."

"okay, call him," zayn says.

he nods, dialing the call and talking to him for a bit before he ends the call.

"he's far," he says. "do you know your way out of here?"

zayn shakes his head. "i don't even know where i am. but i'll figure it out."

"can i use your phone?" zayn asks. "i need to call my husband, i know he's really worried."

the man nods. he brings out his phone and he's about to hand it over to zayn before a loud gunshot is heard.

...

ty guys for 30 comments! sorry i couldn't update right away. let's keep it up, 30 comments for the next one!!