chapter twenty-seven

liam comes back from home late, feeling a bit guilty. he knows jordan can't handle rejection even the slightest bit and he could have handled it better.

"where's jordan?" liam asks zayn. he wanted to talk to him but he couldn't find him anywhere in the house.

"he left a while ago. he looked upset," zayn says. "you know how he is, he'll be fine."

"you think?" liam sighs, falling on the bed. "i'm so tired."

"you've been working so hard li," zayn notes. "i prepared a bath for us."

"thanks," liam sighs, taking off his clothes and going to their bathroom. "how was your day?"

zayn walks with him to the bathroom with him, taking off his own robe and going into the bath with liam. the tub is big enough for four people.

"good. barely having morning sickness with this bean," zayn replies, pointing at his stomach that's still flat.

"yeah? i heard it gets easier," liam replies.

"i hope so," zayn smiles.

"come here," liam says, pulling zayn towards his naked body. he places the back of zayns head on his chest and wraps his hands around him, touching his stomach.

"i'm missing out on a lot," liam starts. "i hope they don't hate me."

"they don't hate you," zayn reassures. "but they miss you li, we miss having you around."

liam doesn't reply. zayn turns to look at his face and he looks sad.

"what's wrong?" zayn asks.

"nothing," liam replies. zayn doesn't believe him but he can tell that liam doesn't want to talk about it, so he decides to distract him. he switches their positions so liam is in front of him.

"let me wash your hair," he offers. liam nods. he pours the shampoo on his hand and helps liam massage it unto his scalp. when he's done, he rinses it.

"you're so tense," zayn says, massaging his hands on liams shoulder to ease the tension. he goes lower, moving his hands around liams chest and feeling the hard muscles there.

he tries to go lower than that, aiming for liams bulge but liam holds his hands away. "i'm tired, zayn."

"i just want to relive the tension," zayn says.

"i'm fine," liam says. he gets out of the shower and cleans himself with a towel. "i need to make a call."

zayn pouts as he watches him leave. he feels like liam has been more distant lately and he's worried. he just wants to be there for his husband but liam is keeping him out.

...

lucas is upset. he knows he shouldn't be but he can't help it. he's barely talked to justin recently, he knows about the timezone difference but it seems like justin doesn't put an effort anymore. not like he used to.

he was stalking his boyfriends instagram and he found a picture that justin was tagged in. it's a selfie of him and another boy and justin always tells him who he hangs out with so it's strange that he doesn't know who the other boy was.

naturally, lucas jumps into the conclusion that justin is cheating on him. and with justin not replying his messages he mopes around all day until his friends, lizzie and marcel come over to drag him out of the house.

"lets go watch a movie," marcel offers, noticing the mood his friend was in.

"come on lucas, you're killing the vibe," lizzie says, not hesitating to set him off.