chapter twenty-four

zayn is making breakfast when lucas comes into the kitchen.

"if it's a girl can we name her lana del ray?" lucas asks, making zayn stop in his tracks.

"what?"

"the new baby. if it's a girl, i want her named after lana," lucas says, unaware of zayn's surprise at the question.

"lucas, how did you know about the new baby?" zayn questions.

"oh, jordan told me," lucas says. "why? was it supposed to be a secret."

"how did jordan know-" he does a face palm when he realizes. "damn it liam."

"i didn't know it was a secret, i'm sorry," lucas apologizes.

"no, don't apologize baby, i was going to tell you eventually," zayn says.

"since you're not mad, i told oliver and noah too," lucas confesses.

"guess that saves me the trouble of telling you guys about it," zayn sighs. "so, what do you think about having another sibling?"

"i'm freaking excited, you know much i love little kids," lucas rambles. "lana would practically live in my room, we'd listen to music together and i'll finally have a sibling i share interests with. jordan is too condescending and masculine, oliver is too preppy and noah is too smart for me to keep up a conversation with. lana would be perfect."

"don't get your hopes up, it might be another boy," zayn smiles.

"no way, it's a girl, i have a strong feeling about it," lucas says.

"tell you what, if it's actually a girl i'd let you name her whatever you want," zayn offers.

"deal," lucas agrees.

...

"what do you want elias?" jordan sighs, he's finally agreed to meeting the tattooed boy after elias spammed his phone for hours.

"another chance," elias says.

"not happening," jordan rolls his eyes.

"c'mon jordan, i know i fucked up but i can't stand you ignoring me," elias says. "please? forgive me?"

"no," jordan scoffs. "you just miss someone you can fuck whenever you please and i'm not falling for you again. my therapist says you're no good for me."

"fuck your therapist, what we had was more than just sex and you know it," elias says.

"it was more than just sex for me, but it was always about the sex for you," jordan replies.

"no, it wasn't. i told you things i've never told anyone before, i told you about my dad, i was vulnerable to you and you're the only one that comes for my matches. that's the most intimate i've ever been with anyone, ever," elias admits.

"it's not enough,"

"i know that now, and if you give me another chance i'll show you that i'm sincere," elias says.

"fine," jordan says. "i wouldn't ignore you anymore, but don't expect sex from me."

"go on a date with me," elias asks.

"what? you said you don't date," jordan says.

"that was in the past, i've realized life is too short to not go after what you want, and i want you jordan," elias says. "so, please?"