chapter thirty-four

theo doesn't get much sleep at night, and no it's not because he's staying at a new environment. lucas kept him up for most of the night, telling him all sorts of random things. theo certainly didn't mind, he's never had a friend or a brother before so this is new to him.

lucas told him all about his boyfriend that's in spain for the holidays and about his friends. theo tried to listen, and lucas gave him more than enough space to talk about himself too, but theo couldn't.

he didn't have an exciting life like lucas, and he didn't want to ruin the mood by being a buzzkill so he kept quiet and let his new brother talk.

"do you have a boyfriend?" lucas asks. "or a girlfriend."

"none," theo says, shaking his head. "i've never been interested in anyone before."

"really? not even a crush?" lucas asks, disbelieved.

theo nods. "is that weird?"

lucas shakes his head. "maybe you just haven't found someone you like yet. or you could be asexual or aromantic."

theo gives him a confused look.

"it means you don't have romantic or sexual feelings for people," lucas explains.

"oh, that does sound like me," theo says. "maybe i am."

later in the middle of the night, theo gets up to go get a glass of water due to him being thirsty. he sees a tall and shirtless figure sitting on the kitchen island and making a phone call.

it's dark, and he can't recognize him right away. this must be jordan, he realizes. he's the only other brother that he hasn't met yet.

it's still dark but theo can make a few features out.

he's beautiful.

beautiful didn't feel enough to describe it, the person standing in front of him was like a god.

that's supposed to be my brother?

he realizes he's been staring at too long when the other guy notices.

"babe, i'll call you back," jordan says, probably ending the call. "can i help you?"

he's not as nice as the other ones.

but theo doesn't mind, his looks more than makes up for it.

theo clears his throat. "i'm theo, we haven't met yet."

"i know who you are," jordan says.

theo swallows, what does he say next? he hardly gets loss of words. but somehow jordan's presence is affecting him.

"i like your piercings," he blurts out, staring at jordan's chest. the older boy has nipple gold piercings that kind of stand out with his shirtless body.

jordan immediately wraps his hands around his chest.

"weirdo," he says, walking away from the kitchen.

what just happened?

theo gets the glass of water and goes back to lucas' room.

"i think i met jordan," theo says. "i don't think he likes me."

"why do you think that?"

"he called me a weirdo," theo says.

lucas laughs. "that's just how jordan is, you'll get used to it."

theo finds relief in that. it means jordan doesn't specifically hate him, but he doesn't know why he cares that much.

...