chapter twenty-nine

zayn helps harry to pack up his important things before his fiancé comes home.

"i can't believe you're moving in with my brother," zayn says, ecstatic about the news. though he's going to miss harry being at arms length, he thinks it's for the best.

"me either. but he's very convincing," harry replies.

"yep, that's zayaad for you," zayn says. "i'm glad you chose to leave rowan. he was terrible for you."

harry looks down sadly. "he had his moments. i'm just worried about breaking the news to my family, they were excited about the wedding."

"i'm sure given the circumstances, they'll be glad you left," zayn says.

"you're right," harry says. they take the rest of his stuff into zayaads car. zayaad isn't helping them pack, he's holding rosie outside. zayn managed to get his kids to help them so they'll finish packing in record time, all four of them.

"can we go home now," oliver groans, looking like he just ran a marathon. zayn shakes his head at him, his kids are so spoilt.

"yeah, thanks a lot you guys," harry says to them, genuinely grateful.

"it's no problem, harry," jordan says.

"we're glad to help," lucas says, pulling oliver towards him so the boy doesn't run away.

"you're welcome," oliver grumbles.

noah just gives him a shy smile.

"your kids are great," harry says when they all disappear. "i couldn't imagine doing all these by myself."

"yeah, they are," zayn says, not mentioning that he had to bribe them to get them all out.

"well, that's everything," harry says.

"how are you planning on telling rowan?" zayn asks.

"i wanted to tell him in person, but i'm scared," harry admits.

zayn nods, understanding. if rowan was the kind of person to hit his spouse, then he wonders what he'd do if harry tried to break the news that he was leaving him. he could do something much worse.

"zayaad said i should leave a note for him," harry says.

"that's a good idea," zayn says. "have you written it?"

"yeah," harry replies. "i dropped it at the counter. he's going to be mad but at least i wouldn't be there to witness his anger."

"you're doing the right thing," zayn says. "my brother is going to make you happy."

...

the next day

"you missed my appointment today," zayn says softly as liam finally comes home.

"oh fuck, that was today?" liam winces.

"yes liam, it was today," zayn sighs.

"i'm sorry, i forgot. i'll make it up to you," liam replies. zayn just hums, not saying anything. "how did it go? is the baby okay?"

"yes," zayn says. "i went with jordan, he certainly wasn't much help."

"let me guess, he complained all through?"

"yeah, the whole ride too," zayn sighs. "i would have gone alone but i felt too sick to drive today."

"oh, you should have called me," liam says.

"i did. twice, you didn't answer," zayn points out. "which was really shitty of you liam. what if it was an emergency? i couldn't even get a call back."