chapter thirty-eight

liam has been taking a lot of time off work, usually by eight am he's already off to work but recently he leaves the house by at least two hours later. he tries to spend time with his family, having breakfast with them and listening to them. he spends only a couple of hours at work before coming back home, determined to show zayn that he's changed.

zayn has also been warming up to him, they're still pretty distant but it's not as bad as it was before. when he was going to work this morning, zayn helped him with his tie and after that kissed him.

it seems like very little to be excited about considering that they're a married couple and such things are expected but liam couldn't help but feel happy over it. things are going back to normal.

theo eventually moves into a room of his own when liam clears his study and he's excited about it. he loves sharing a room with lucas but he also appreciates having his own space.

currently, they just finished having dinner. liam goes to clean the dishes while zayn retreats to their bedroom. he's been doing more chores lately, not that he minds now that he's home a lot. when he's done, he goes back to the bedroom and sees zayn looking worried.

"what is it?" liam asks, hoping it's not related to the baby. liam has been worried a lot lately about zayn's pregnancy.

"jordan isn't answering his calls," zayn says. "we agreed that we'd talk everyday if i let him go for this trip."

"he could be busy," liam says. "did you check his instagram?"

zayn nods. "he hasn't posted anything in six hours liam."

usually jordan always updates his followers with everything, his instagram story is continuously being updated, except when jordan goes to bed.

"he might be sleeping," liam says. "stop worrying, it's not good for the baby. i'm sure jordan's fine."

"i hope so," zayn says, sighing and falling on the bed. liam is right, but he can't help but worry.

he turns and sees liam staring at him. he gives his husband a smile.

"what?" zayn asks.

"you look beautiful," liam says honestly. zayn has this glow around him that he usually gets when he's pregnant.

zayn's cheeks actually turn pink from the compliment, he wasn't expecting that.

"you're just saying that," he says. liam shakes his head.

"you are," liam says. "you're beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, sexy and i'm so damn lucky to have you."

"liam payne, what's gotten into you?" zayn says, but his tone is flirty and playful even as he moves closer to liam and straddles him. liam is certainly surprised, it's been a while since they were this close to each other.

"can't a man appreciate his beautiful husband?"

"not unless he has an ulterior motive," zayn says.

"what possible ulterior motive could i have?" liam asks, amused.

"i think..." zayn says trailing his fingers around liam's chest. "i think you're trying to get into my pants."

liam changes their position making zayn fall on the bed as he hovers over him.

"is it working?"

zayn pulls him down by his shirt and captures liam's lips with his. liam hums as he kisses his husband in a way that he hasn't in a while. after a few seconds zayn pulls apart to breathe.

"maybe," zayn says, smirking.

liam tries not to let his excitement show, they haven't had sex in a while, which doesn't happen too often.