chapter fifty-six

it's been a week since jordan turned seventeen. his parents came back from their vacation a while ago, luckily they didn't find out about jordan throwing a party and he's glad he got away with it.

summer is over which means they all have to go back to school. except noah, the school he's transferring to resumes two weeks later than theirs do. he wrote the entrance exams and passed of course, now all he has to do is wait at home for an extra week before he has to go.

zayn has been taking advantage of the time he has left. they've been spending everyday together much to oliver's dismay. oliver is still upset about the fact that he's changing schools and he refuses to come to terms with it. so the two brothers have a kind of weird 'not talking to each other but only when we have to' thing going on.

theo also started his first week at that school. he's in lucas grade and he's been getting along fine by mostly sticking to his half-brother.

"mom, can you drop me off somewhere?" jordan asks as he walks into his parents bedroom.

zayn is laying on his bed, watching a show on netflix in his comfy pajamas. he doesn't really feel like getting up from the bed.

"ask your dad," he replies.

jordan groans, turning to meet his father that's sitting on a chair in the room and going over some documents.

"dad?"

"is it important?" liam asks.

"it's the photoshoot i've been talking about, so yes it's important," jordan replies. it turns out that freddie being a photographer in new york means he knows quite a lot of people in the industry. he introduced jordan to a high brand fashion company and they were interested in him so they scheduled a photoshoot.

"zayn, why can't you take him?" liam asks.

"i'm tired," he says simply.

"you've been laying in bed all day," liam points out.

"while carrying a baby. you seem to forget that liam, it's hard work, really," zayn replies.

liam shakes his head. zayn uses his pregnancy as an excuse to get away with being lazy.

"i can just go by myself you know, if you just give me my car back then i wouldn't have to bother you guys," jordan says.

"we told you-"

"yeah, yeah. you'll give it to me when you feel like you can trust me again. but why can't you trust me now? i've been good, i haven't caused any trouble lately,"

"which is suspicious. what are you up to kiddo?" zayn asks.

"nothing! i promise," jordan groans, annoyed with his parents.

"alright. we'll give you the keys just for tonight," zayn says. "but you have to come home before eight. and take lucas or theo along with you."

"what? why?" jordan groans again.

"you're less likely to act out when someone is with you,"

"mom, i'm literally seventeen you can't keep treating me like this," he complains. "dad c'mon you know this isn't fair."

"jordan, we watched you snorting coke on the internet. you have to live without your car for a few weeks, i think it's more than fair,"

"oh my god that was like a month ago. you keep bringing up the past, i've changed!" jordan argues but to no avail. his parents know him enough by now. "ugh whatever. where are the keys?"