chapter thirty-two

after explaining everything to jordan, liam and his oldest son conspire for a way to get zayn to give liam a chance to explain. he wasn't returning any of liam's calls or messages so it was up to jordan to get him to come home.

"i should be paid for this," jordan grumbles.

"you'll be rewarded by watching your parents stay together," liam says. jordan rolls his eyes. he wants something more materialistic.

"i want a new car for my birthday," jordan says.

"not happening," liam says.

"fine," jordan groans. "i want to go to new york for the rest of the summer."

"why?" liam asks.

"i got an offer to walk the runway," jordan says.

"really?" liam brights up. "why didn't you tell me? that's amazing."

"i haven't told anyone yet," jordan says.

"this is what you've always wanted jordan," liam says.

"it's a start," jordan says. he wants way more than this, he wants his face to be at every billboard, he wants to be known by everyone. so far his progress is a bit slow but he knows when he goes to new york it's going to skyrocket.

"i'm so proud of you," liam says genuinely. jordan's heart warms at that and he tries not to blush. he doesn't show it but someone saying that (especially his dad) is one of his biggest weaknesses.

"thanks dad," jordan smiles. "so can i go?"

"of course. but i'm not letting you go alone," liam says. jordan frowns, the main reason why he asked was to get permission to travel himself. he doesn't want to go with an adult, he planned to go sight seeing and checking out all the cool clubs there. he's still wondering if he should invite elias and that's his boyfriend. jordan is all about making connections and he doesn't want anyone to get in the middle of that.

"i'm old enough to travel by myself dad," jordan says.

"i'll come with," liam offers.

"shouldn't you be focused on fixing your marriage?" jordan brings up.

liam swears quietly, that's true.

"well then your mother would come with too," he says.

"no thanks. i don't want you guys to ruin my trip by fighting all the time," jordan says.

he's right. liam thinks. all he's done lately with zayn is fight and he doubts that's going to stop anytime soon.

"you need adult supervision jordi," liam says.

"i don't," jordan groans. "i'm grown."

"we'll discuss this with your mother later," liam says, hoping he would fix things with zayn soon. "speaking of him, has he replied?"

jordan sent zayn a message telling him that he needs to see him and zayn should come home.

jordan brings out his phone to check and realizes that he has replied.

"he asked if you're home with me," jordan says.

"tell him you're alone," liam says, feeling a bit bad that he was telling his son to lie. he tries to convince himself that it's for a good cause.

jordan types out a message to send. few seconds later zayn sends out a response.

"he's on his way," jordan says, placing his hand on his hip. he gets in front of liam. "so what's your plan, daddy."