chapter nine

omg y'all are already tired of jordan but i haven't even made him problematic yet im-

stop hating on my baby periodt 😤

...

zayn

"i can't believe you fell for that liam," zayn sighs, rubbing his temples. he loves his husband but he knows liam can be a bit too naive sometimes. especially when it comes to their children.

"i know he may have manipulated me but i want to spend time with him so i don't care," liam responds. he told zayn about his conversation with jordan and his husband told him immediately he was being manipulated. he kind of felt bad, but it's not like he didn't know. jordan may have oversold it when he told liam he loved him despite telling him minutes earlier that liam wasn't his father.

he also researched on the event and okay so maybe jordan may have left out a few details about it, but in his defense liam probably wouldn't have agreed if he just said what it was right on.

"just make sure he doesn't leave your sight," zayn advises, knowing how sneaky jordan could be. "i hope lucas doesn't go through this phase because i can't handle another jordan twice."

liam chuckles at that. "lucas said he was coming with us by the way."

"oh," zayn frowns, not sure if he likes that idea. "can you handle the both of them? i can come with if you want."

"no, i'm pretty sure i can handle two of my kids," liam says.

"okay, i have to pick up my brother from the airport on saturday anyway," zayn says. "i can't wait. i miss him."

liam hums at that, not responding. zayn knows how much the two men absolutely hate each other and he can't figure out why.

"promise to be nice," zayn says.

"when am i not nice?" liam scoffs. "he's the one that gets on my nerves."

"he won't this time, i promise," zayn leans forward and pecks liam on his lips. "i'll miss you this weekend."

"i'll miss you too," liam responds.

...

when jordan, liam and lucas left the next day (friday) after they got back from school, zayn decided to spend time with oliver and noah too. he noticed that they were a bit distant so he took them out to the mall when they got back from school.

"i wanted to go to coachella with dad, why didn't anyone ask me?" oliver mumbles.

"because i wanted to spend time with my favorite twins," zayn responds.

"but coachella," oliver whines.

"well i gave birth to you so i'm more important than a festival," zayn huffs.

"of course you are mom," noah adds in.

"thank you noah," zayn smiles playfully at him. "i was thinking we'd go see a movie first then we can go bowling after."

"okay," noah shrugs.

they walk to the movie theater and oliver volunteers to select a movie for them to watch. he ended up choosing dumbo as it was the only age appropriate movie they could watch for their age.

zayn paid for the snacks and they walk in to the theater.

"i don't think i'll like this movie," noah complains. he wanted to go see captain marvel, zayn admits he wanted to go see it too. but oliver already called dibs on picking the movie.

"nobody asked," oliver responds, making his brother give him a blank stare.

"just give it a try noah, i loved the original dumbo animation when i was a kid. you'd like it i'm sure," zayn responds.