First Day

As we exited the plane I was exhausted. I don't even know how long we sat in those seats for, but it felt like ages. I looked over to my right as we all now sat on the benches waiting for luggage to be put out. Liz looked like she could pass out at any moment. My dad was the same way except for the fact he actually was passed out on my moms shoulder. I laughed a bit at him and continued waiting for our luggage keeping an eye on every bag that dropped.

Then over the loudspeaker there was an announcement that our flights luggage was sent out. We all got up making our way over to the belts. It took not to long when I seen my luggage. As I reached out to grab it someone else also did. We looked at each other and it was kind of awkward.

He chuckled and said "sorry I thought this one was mine."

I looked down to the bag and read the tags making sure. It definitely was mine so I took it off of the belt. I then gazed back up to him.

"You're alright! We just now have to make sure you get yours!" I said trying to be friendly and not make him feel embarrassed.

He smiled at me. I had to admit he was a good
looking guy he was really tall, had dirty blond hair, nice blue eyes and a really nice smile. We chatted for a while until he found his luggage. He sadly then had to leave. We were just getting to know each other too.

"Hey since I have my luggage I have to head out, but is there a way I could talk to you later?" He said grabbing his phone out of his hoodie pocket.

I nodded and said "oh yeah do you want my number? Or if you have discord?"

He smiled a bit and said "yeah if you're okay with giving me your number."

I also grabbed for my phone. We traded numbers and he then waved to me goodbye and walked away. I was glad that I made a new friend already even though it's only been a couple of hours in the UK. I grabbed my luggage and walked back to Liz. She looked a little shocked that I was talking to someone.

"Who was that?" She said curios.

"He was just some guy. He was looking for his suitcase and it looked like mine so we grabbed for the same one. We got to talking and traded numbers." I shrugged my shoulders.

Liz looked at me with the face that every person knows. I knew she thought I liked him.

"I'm not into him..." I said displeased.

She began to laugh and then my parents beckoned us over. Liz and I grabbed our luggage and walked over to my parents. They had gotten an Uber and we were going to be on our way to the Airbnb that my parents rented out. We shoved our stuff in the back of the car and we left the airport.

It didn't take long and we were at the airbnb. It was a huge house that almost looked like a little brick cottage in the woods. It was a white brick house with vines and moss growing on it. I smiled at the little home. I always loved cottage core stuff like this.

As we entered the house it was even better. Everything was so homey and smelt like cinnamon toast and apple cider on a cold day. I looked over to my parents with a smile as I was satisfied with the house they had chosen. I was now curious on the rooms.

"Hey mom, dad what rooms are we staying in?" I said excited to see the rest of the house.

"Oh I forgot to mention. Would it be alright if you and Liz share a room? This house was a 2bed 2bath." She said concerned.

I looked over to Liz she just shrugged her shoulders and that always is what I assumed to be an 'I guess I don't really care'. So I looked back to my parents and smiled at them nodding my head. They both smiled back to me and shooed us off to the room we would be sharing.

Liz beat me to the room first with her excitement and very fast feet. I laughed a little once she made it there because she was jumping at the door like a puppy so she could do a grand reveal of the room. As she opened the door with a little "tadah" I was astounded by the pretty room.

This room looked like a fairytale story room. When you think of this room, Snow White vibes is the first thing that you could feel. There was a big bed with gorgeous posts and a line of fake vines snaking up the rails. On the floor was a big fuzzy white rug that perfectly complimented the white curtains. My favorite aspect of the room though was the little chair that sat in the corner of the room. I felt like I could sit in that chair for years reading a book and sipping tea.

Once I was done gazing at the rooms full glory I turned my attention to Liz. She seemed to be doing the exact same thing except this time her jaw was almost on the floor with how stunned she was. I laughed a little and that seemed to knock her attention back to me.

"What are you laughing at?" She said with a sarcastic grin.

"You just seemed so fascinated by this room." I said laughing some more.

"I bet you were doing the same thing. I mean look at this room it's gorgeous!" She said spinning in a circle like a Disney princess.

I laughed some more,but then plopped myself on the bed. As much as I adored this room and the house itself planes were not my favorite. As I was going to continue my conversation with Liz the bed felt so comforting. It just kept sinking me in telling me that sleep was something that needed to happen. So by the time I could get a simple "yeah" out I had passed out from extreme jet lag.