Adventure Time

I woke up this morning to sun shining extremely bright onto my face. I guess neither Liz or I had the gumption to close the curtains last night so this wouldn't happen. When I woke up fully and my eyes were adjusted I felt a weight across my torso. I had managed to wake up on my back with Liz's leg flopped over my stomach. I began to laugh pretty hard at the way she was sleeping. It was almost like she was a star fish ready to have a dance party.

Liz must have heard my laugh as she groaned and rolled over. She pushed the covers a bit off of herself and she used her hand to shield her eyes from the sun. Then she looked over to me as I was still laughing. This time I was laughing because Liz had the most frizzy bed head I had ever seen on a person. Some parts I swear were defying gravity.

"Good morning Y/n... why is it so bright...?" she said voice laced with exhaustion and confusion.

I reach my hand over to the night stand on my side of the bed and grab my phone. As I turn it on I see that it is 11am and it was time for our first adventure in London.

"It's 11am that's why. Guess what though!" I said hinting a little excitement.

Liz's eyes grew wide "ITS THE FIRST DAY IN LONDON!!!"

I laugh a little "yes it is! I assume you are ready since you basically dropped the tiredness immediately to scream?"

Liz nodded her head. I was still on the bed collecting my bearings for today and making sure I'm fully woken up before I stand up. Liz though immediately bolted out of bed and rushing to get ready, even though there was no rush. She didn't seem to believe me and was ready to go by 11:30.

Once I was ready I grabbed my wallet and we headed out. London had to be the prettiest place I had seen. The architecture was gorgeous, the people we had encountered for directions were the most point nice, and the weather wasn't half bad. That was until I look over to Liz and she had her hand out.

"What's up? Why do you have your hand out?" I said confused.

She looked over to me and then up to the sky.

"I think it's gonna rain I felt a couple of drops." she said worried.

I began to do the same thing Liz had and sure enough I felt a couple of raindrops hit my skin. I look back to her in concern.

"Should we head somewhere? It's nearly lunch time anyway and we can get a quick meal." I said weighing my options.

All Liz did was nod her head as she kept careful watch of the sky. I couldn't blame her I bet she was hoping, like me, today wouldn't get ruined by some rain. I also wondered about that as the UK is known to get a ton of rainy days.

We made our way over to what looked like a Nandos. Neither Liz or I have been to one before so it was something we were both excited for. As we sat down and the waiter took our orders I came up with a brilliant idea.

"We should take pictures like how Wilbur and George do when they go out for lunch together!" I said with excitement,

Liz smiled at me and said "Oh my gosh yes!"

Once our food arrived we took our pictures and ate real quick. As soon as we were done we paid and we were on our way. The only thing that was dampening the vibe is that it had in fact started raining. We both sighed and looked for the nearest shop that looked like it sold umbrellas.

When we got some umbrellas we continued our journey around London. There was nothing in particular that we were looking for we just wanted a feel for the place at first. Then for some reason Liz jumped in front of me and stopped me in my tracks.